• Civil Construction experience is required
• Regional role providing assistance on multiple sites – bring your proactive attitude
• Company in growth mode, requiring credible HSEQ expertise
Partner with site management and provide expert HSEQ advice on all issues, in a proactive, engaging and credible manner
About the role
Ensure the construction sites within your designated region meet the requirements of the organisation and provide assistance to site management teams in order to minimise risks, while maintaining and improving the health, safety, environment and quality standards.
• Keep everyone informed on the status of HSEQ within the region
• Contribute to continuous improvement of systems
• Attend weekly site meetings
• Ensure communication is top notch
• Implement audit processes and ensure good awareness on site
• Review all JSA, SOP processes regularly
• Mentor, train and educate to lift understanding and capability
• Coordinate with contractors/suppliers to ensure process is followed
• Assist the commercial team with requirements for new tenders
Skills and experience
Your sound knowledge of legislation, along with your proactive and friendly approach will ensure great credibility on site while you engage and influence in order to achieve best practice outcomes.
Experience within the civil environment is highly preferred in this autonomous role. Work with the Project Managers providing practical advice and championing the cause.
• Excellent working knowledge of legislation
• Relevant Tertiary level qualification
• Civil construction experience
• Strong communication skillset both written and verbal
• Great organisational skillset
• Confident in training, facilitation and presenting at all levels
• Practical understanding of ISO standards
• Consistent and methodical approach
• Sound influencing, mentoring and negotiating skillset
• A go-to personality, who gets things done with a smile on their face
About the company
Having enjoyed tremendous growth over the years, our client is a successful civil construction company who have a number of sites throughout the greater Auckland region.
They are looking for a competent HSEQ Advisor to assist with providing a consistent safety management approach and message throughout the organisation.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via the eden website:
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
Candidates must meet the immigration eligibility criteria to apply for this role – we welcome applications from returning Kiwis and those with the right to work.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 4248367 quoting reference #3207.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People