· A company who cares about the future
· Supportive of continued education and development
· Based in New Plymouth, Wellington or Palmerston North (the decision is yours)
Support branches across the LNI region. Achieve an improved health and safety culture and performance. Educate and create awareness.
About the role
Supported by the Health and Safety Manager, this role supports multiple branches across the Lower North Island to deliver accurate and relevant HSE information to ensure the company is compliant with internal and external legislative requirements.
This position works closely with managers and frontline employees to deliver compliance and management support as well as coach employees and managers on safety. Working in a fast passed, high-risk industry, you must have the ability to build respectful and solid relationships.
· Participate in company and branch HSE initiatives for improvement
· Review, coordinate and participate in hazard and risk identification
· Manage injuries and coordinate the RTW and rehabilitation programme
· Conduct frequent internal audits and safety observations and review site compliance
· Schedule and deliver training across the region
· Coach and mentor SHE Reps, managers and staff on HS initiatives
· Regularly compile branch and company reports on compliance performance and health and safety risks
· Travel to branches and stay overnight as required
Skills and experience
· Relative experience in a similar, high-risk role is a must
· Working knowledge of HS legislations and case law
· Health and Safety qualification (minimum level 6)
· Membership with a professional association (preferred)
· Experience with HSNO
· HSE auditing, training and injury management experience
· Knowledge of MS Office software
About the company
As the nation’s leading recycling and waste company, safety is of paramount importance to our client. Respectful and supportive working relationships drive their philosophy to protect and preserve the natural environment in all ways they can.
With 850 employees and 45 branches, our client operates from north of Auckland all the way to Dunedin.
How to apply
Click Apply If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via email@example.com
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Amanda for a confidential chat on 09 424 8367 quoting reference #3002.
Applications are welcomed from NZ citizens and residents or candidates who hold a current work visa.
Not quite what you are looking for? Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz