* New role within an established team
* Permit to Work experience necessary
* Proven experience in a high-risk environment
Our client is seeking an experienced Permit to Work Coordinator to join an established Safety and Wellbeing team
Our client operates within a critical risk environment, providing a broad range of cargo handling and logistics services and enjoying a high profile within New Zealand.
With more than 500 direct employees and a further 150,000+ facilitated by the organisations activities, our client cares deeply about their people, with safety being their number one priority.
Having made significant gains with visible health and safety in the past year; improvements to auditing, reporting, communication and recognition of positive safety behaviour has assisted in keeping the 24/7 shift workers safer, 365 days of the year.
Innovation and improvement, through contributions from staff members enable our client to achieve world-class productivity. The skills of the people as well as their ideas have ensured development and introduction of new technology, equipment and processes.
Our client has identified the need for a dedicated Permit to Work Coordinator within their established Safety and Wellbeing team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing the Permit to Work System by working alongside relevant stakeholders and coordinating with internal departments on planning upcoming work.
* Identify and prioritise upcoming work
* Assess permits ensuring all required information is provided
* Manage timeframes
* Monitor and verify work to ensure adherence to permit conditions
* Mentor and train relevant persons where required
Skills and experience required:
* Relevant OHS qualifications
* Permit to Work Issuer Certificate
* Able to work in a complex, heavily unionised environment
* Excellent time management skills
* Physically fit and able to work at height or confined space as required
* High attention-to-detail
* Able to influence and engage a diverse workforce
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via email@example.com
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Amanda on 09 424 8367 quoting reference #2908.
Not quite what you are looking for? Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE - New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialists
HSE People recruiting HSE People www.edenfx.co.nz