• Drive innovation and change in Health and Wellbeing
• Work with a people focused employer
• Strategic role, through to full implementation
Competitive salary, Southern Cross Group Medical Scheme.
Support a newly formed HSW team in the development and creation of a fit for purpose framework with emphasis on Wellbeing.
About the company
Our client is keeping people safe and healthy through science, they improve the safety of, and contribute to the economic, environmental, and social wellbeing of people and communities in New Zealand.
Intent on harnessing the ingenuity of people, innovative science, technology and relationships to solve problems to strengthen New Zealand's health, safety, and wellbeing. Creating innovative products and services for communities around the globe.
About the role
It is an exciting time of change for our client, and you will assist them in bringing health and wellbeing to the forefront of their commitment to their people, processes and management of critical risks and assurance programme.
Ability to travel throughout the country.
• Be a subject matter expert regarding Occupational Health / Wellbeing
• Strong ability to create Strategy and frameworks through to implementation
• Provide advice and training on work-related health risks to increase workforce awareness
• Manage the pre-employment medical assessment process
• Manage the annual health monitoring programme and post incident health monitoring
• Develop and implement, plus support the workplace well-being programme and management system
• Assist with injury management and return to work programme
Skills and experience include:
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have a mix of the following skills and experience:
• Previous Occupational Health/Wellbeing experience working within an industrial environment
• A post-graduate occupational health qualification required
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Computer literate
• Ability to influence a “speak up” culture, be visible in the organisation, and getting personally involved
• Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Your unique talents and experience will help them to deliver exceptional services to New Zealand.
• Varied and interesting work with a chance to meaningfully contribute to the health of New Zealanders
• An exciting and diverse environment
• You'll receive ongoing personal development, as well as access to a Southern Cross group membership scheme
• You will be working with a dedicated and passionate team of people who take pride in the quality of their work
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne on 09 424 8367 quoting reference #3569.
There are no visa/sponsorship opportunities available with this role. This is a permanent position, therefore only applicants with full, valid, permanent working rights will be considered.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People