- Strategic leadership role – influence & shape a large H&S business partnering model
- Full time permanent role: $131,422 up to $185,536 based on skills & expertise
- Wellington base preferred (location flexibility offered for the right candidate)
- Must be able to commit to regular national travel
'Kotahi anō te kaupapa, ko te oranga o te iwi' – ‘There is only one purpose to our work: the wellness and wellbeing of our people.
Led from our Chief Executive, we're embedding a culture of continuous improvement and capability across our unique operating environment. Our Executive Leadership Team have a strong sense of purpose and are very aligned in their focus on achieving the wellness and wellbeing of people. Hōkai Rangi, our organisational strategy, expresses our commitment to delivering great outcomes for the people we are caring for, and their whanau.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
We are pleased to open up an opportunity for a highly experienced operational health and safety leader to join Ara Poutama Aotearoa's Safety & Wellbeing Function. Reporting to the Chief Safety & Wellbeing Officer, the primary purpose of this role is to lead a large and geographically diverse Business Partnering team of health and safety, welfare, health promotion and injury management professionals, who work to provide outstanding advice, coaching and guidance to leaders and teams across the organisation. This role requires a forward thinking, delivery-focussed change agent who is comfortable working in a complex and high-risk organisation with high demands and an ambitious programme of work, focussed on uplifting the capability and ownership of our operational leadership teams in ensuring good practice of health, safety, wellbeing and rehabilitation.
We are offering a senior health and safety leader the opportunity to contribute to and influence the significant transformation we have underway. The successful candidate must be willing to base themselves from our Wellington National Office approximately two days per week and commit to regular national travel as part of the role.
Mōu | About you
We are looking for evidence of the following skills and expertise within your written application:
- A tertiary qualification in health, safety and/or wellbeing;
- Outstanding people leadership capability – significant experience leading a health, safety and wellbeing team within large, complex organisations;
- Strategic leadership expertise - able to translate strategic health, safety and wellbeing goals and priorities into local action plans that achieve their ultimate aims;
- Significant experience in developing and fostering stakeholder relationships - including interacting with Executives and senior leaders;
- Understanding of contemporary approaches to improving day-to-day health, safety and wellbeing performance;
- Delivery focussed – able to handle multiple issues and activities at the same time, problem-solve and deliver in a calm manner; and
- Strong cultural competence - familiarity with the Treaty of Waitangi and its application to the work of government agencies.
Please visit our careers page to download the Job Description and view the full essential criteria requirements.
Tono ināianei | Apply now
To apply online, submit your CV and a tailored cover letter (PDF) that describes your motivation for wanting to join Ara Poutama Aotearoa and that highlights your relevant skills, experience and personal qualities essential to this role.
Applications close 9pm on Sunday 4 Oct. Longlisted candidates will be invited to undertake a video interview and psychometric assessment. Shortlisted candidates will be further invited to a formal panel interview from the week commencing 2 Nov.
If you have any queries about this role or the application process please email Senior Recruitment Adviser firstname.lastname@example.org
For reporting and transparency, it is important that all applications are submitted through our careers site. If you want to find out more about a career with us, visit careers.corrections.govt.nz or email our team at email@example.com