• National role with Auckland or Hamilton base
• Iconic Kiwi brand
• Senior leadership role
Influence at operational and strategic level. Empower continual improvement. Get out from behind the desk.
About the company
A leading supplier of building products, our client operates a fully sustainable manufacturing and distribution business, with care for the environment and their people. They operate 2 manufacturing sites alongside multiple sales and distribution branches, ensuring a high level of local support and service to their customers.
About the role
This role is not about running safety from behind a desk, its about being visible and active in the business, building solid relationships and actively contributing to risk containment; coaching and helping our client shift culture toward ownership of safety so that employees look after themselves and others.
You will have exceptional skill in building relationship and changing mindset with successful mentoring and open and pragmatic communication. The role sits on the senior leadership team and is key in ensuring there is structure and alignment across the business. Managing one direct report you will also provide guidance and collaborate with a wider team at other sites.
• Contribute to development and delivery of company strategy
• Ensure alignment of HS capability throughout the business
• Provide guidance on managing risk and hazards
• Lead managers in identifying priorities for their units
• Provide information, resources and guidance on compliance
• Weekly / monthly reporting as required
• Plan and manage audit schedules
• Support sites with ISO accreditations as required
Skills and experience
Your background experience may include manufacturing, distribution or warehousing and demonstrated ability in meeting business requirements in a multi-site, diverse business environment.
• Tertiary qualification in a safety related discipline
• Demonstrated experience and success in a manufacturing environment
• Strong engagement and communication skills
• Practical problem solving and analytical skills
• Exceptional communication skill, both written and verbal
• Natural leadership style and a driver of culture change
With around 230 permanent employees in the business, staff describe it as a genuinely great place to work and they’re committed to the continued improvement of a safe, happy and sustainable workplace.
• Access to education funding
• Extensive employee discounts
• Potential for bonus based on achievement and financial performance
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format.
All candidates must be NZ based with the relevant work visa in place.
If you have any questions, please call Amanda on 021 0818 7342 quoting reference #3250
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People