About the role
We are looking for an experienced safety and quality assurance senior manager to provide strategic and operational leadership to the team at Wellington Airport, on a fulltime, permanent basis.
Reporting to the General Manager Aeronautical Operations, you will be:
• developing and maintaining the Wellington Airport Safety Management Policy
• managing Wellington Airport’s Safety Management System, ensuring it remains compliant with legislation and the requirements of the business
• reporting to the Executive Safety Risk Committee and Board of Directors on safety management performance and action plans
• chairing Wellington Airport’s various Safety Risk Committees
• preparing and executing an Internal Quality Assurance Programme in accordance with the requirements of Civil Aviation Rules and Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 to ensure compliance and manage risk
• managing Safety related Accident/Incident/Near Miss event reporting and investigations
• contributing to the preparation of annual operating budgets
• acting as a senior management representative in emergency response scenarios
In return for your hard work, you will be rewarded with:
• a competitive remuneration package
• multiple opportunities for learning and development
• a free car park
• retail discounts
• onsite fitness facilities and activities
• flexible working options available
• a relevant tertiary qualification in health and safety
• a relevant tertiary qualification in management or aviation management
• at least 5 years’ experience in safety management
• thorough knowledge of Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, and associated Safety Regulations
• experience in presenting to Boards and Executive teams
• excellent communication skills
You are experienced in:
• building and fostering strong working relationships
• negotiating and influencing
• working under pressure and in emergency situations
• thinking strategically, logically, and methodically
• working in a consultative and team environment
Ideally, you have:
• experience in airport operations management
• auditing and/or quality assurance experience
• knowledge of Civil Aviation Rules Part 12 and Part 139
As part of our standard pre-employment requirements, you must be able to obtain security clearance from Aviation Security Services, complete a Ministry of Justice background check and pass a drug/alcohol test.
As the gateway to Central New Zealand, Wellington Airport helps businesses to prosper and tourism to flourish, as well as generating employment for at least 1,500 people on the airport precinct and close to 11,000 in the local economy. We are also a proud supporter of Wellington events and community organisations.
Guided by our Kaitiakitanga vision, we aim to manage our operations efficiently, to care for our environment and our people, to support the local economy and to give back to the community.
We live by our values of Whānau Kotahi, Be Exceptional, Diversity & Inclusion, Customer Obsessed and Courage and Freedom, and we have been recognised as an Employer of Choice in 2020 by Human Resources Director NZ.
We are proud to be a passionate, flexible and inclusive organisation; come and be a part of our team.
• apply via our Seek advertisement with a cover letter and CV in PDF or Word format: https://www.seek.co.nz/job/52016680
• please note that you must have the permanent right to work in NZ to be considered for the role