Job Reference: 2921
* Newly created position - WorkSafe NZ
* Deliver and support the internal Health, Safety and Wellbeing framework
* Competitive salary and the perfect opportunity to make your mark
WorkSafe NZ is seeking an experienced Health, Safety and Wellbeing Manager to lead the implementation of their internal framework.
WorkSafe NZ is New Zealand's primary workplace health and safety regulator who are seeking an experienced Manager Health, Safety and Wellbeing.
Chief Executive Nicole Rosie leads over 550 staff based across New Zealand who are working to transform New Zealand’s health and safety performance.
The role reports to the General Manager, People and Culture and as part of the People and Culture Leadership Team, works closely with their colleagues in implementing the People and Culture strategy and initiatives.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the implementation of an overarching Health, Safety and Wellbeing framework and ensure that WorkSafe has the practices and culture that support a positive employee experience.
The position-holder is required to work with a wide range of people within WorkSafe, across multiple sites in New Zealand, to be credible at Board level and able to effectively engage with Union (PSA) members.
The successful candidate will also be expected to be an active participant in the Government Health and Safety Network and active in opportunities to influence wider system change.
* Link the roadmap for Worksafe NZ’s practices and culture within their strategic goals, reflecting their character and values
* Collaborate with key stakeholders to lead the development and delivery of an overarching internal health and safety framework
* Review and sustain health and safety systems and processes, including the integration of critical risk management and control
* Monitor and report performance, including reporting at Board level
* Provide subject matter expertise and advice, including in the area of psycho-social harm
* Foster worker engagement, participation and representation and provide solid guidance and support to Health and Safety Committees
* Be an active contributor and participate in the Government Health and Safety Network and represent WorkSafe as required in external forums.
* Support diversity and inclusion initiatives to ensure the needs of a diverse workforce are met
Skills and experience
* Tertiary qualification in Health and Safety or similar
* Proven experience in leading health and safety focussed cultural change in a multi-site organisation
* Solid experience developing risk management frameworks, as well as working with external audit systems
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a range of stakeholders
* Strong ability to prioritise and highly outcome focussed
* Can-do attitude, with an energetic and dynamic nature
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. Apply via firstname.lastname@example.org
Not quite what you are looking for? Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 424 8367 quoting reference #2921.
edenfx HSE - New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialists
HSE People recruiting HSE People www.edenfx.co.nz