He aha te mea nui o te ao. He tāngata, he tāngata, he tāngata!
What is the most important thing in the world? It is people, it is people, it is people
Cushman & Wakefield is a market leader in Facility Management and Trade delivery, with a reputation for excellence in providing service and support to our customers. We have made a genuine commitment to achieving success through industry-leading performance focus on Health, Safety, Security, Quality and the Environment. Our approach to Health and Safety goes beyond compliance as we work towards achieving continuous improvement through the application of best practice and collaborative innovation.
We want to ensure our culture underpins our commitment to returning our people safely to their families each day. If you would like an opportunity to share your knowledge, work collaboratively with an experienced and enthusiastic team, all while making a tangible and positive contribution to our people and the industry, we have a fantastic opportunity for you in our Wellington team. We are looking for a hands-on HSSEQ Advisor to provide operational support, technical guidance and HSSEQ leadership to enhance the performance of our trade and facilities management teams across our client sites and contracts in that region.
You will work closely with the Auckland based HSSEQ Manager, with support from the broader APAC HSSEQ team, to develop and deliver effective HSSEQ systems, processes and programs to the Wellington region, and contribute to the New Zealand business.
Key accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
• Day to day management of the safety requirements on sites including safety documentation review and permit issuer responsibilities.
• Take a technical lead in advising the business on ‘all things safety and quality’ under the guidance of the broader HSSEQ team
• Sharing your knowledge through training and coaching our teams in best-practice HSSEQ, will be an important focus of this role. This will include creating and delivering interactive and instructional toolbox talks and training sessions.
• Contribute to ISO compliance and recertification audits through monitoring of our integrated management plans for your region.
• Developing and managing audit schedules for safety inspections, contractor audits and quality checks as well as conducting a variety of audits and inspections, including external contractor audits.
• Provide support to trade and facilities management accounts by interacting directly with clients when required.
• Support the New Zealand business through regular and scheduled reporting on HSSEQ activity, statistics and learnings.
• Incident reporting, management and investigation under the guidance of the HSSEQ Manager.
• Develop, implement and deliver sustainability initiatives that contribute to our global environmental management commitments.
Our ideal person will have:
• A relevant tertiary qualification with the technical and practical experience to provide best-practice guidance in a range of high-risk activities e.g. working at height, asbestos and hot works.
• Be as comfortable being on site with our trades team as you are interacting with senior managers and clients.
• Proven experience developing, delivering and championing safety, quality and environmental systems, processes and cultural initiatives
• A working knowledge of ISO45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems, ISO9001 Quality Management Systems and ISO14001 Environmental Management Systems Standards. Internal or Lead Auditor qualification or formal training would be preferred.
• Confident and effective communication skills will be required to deliver group training and presentations across a range of mediums and channels.
• Excellent business writing skills to contribute to client communications, training materials, business plans and reports
• Effective time management and prioritisation skills and the ability to work with a high level of autonomy
• Incident investigation and management experience, preferably in the ICAM model.
• Prior experience in a similar role within the industry would be an advantage but is not a pre-requisite.
This is a significant opportunity for an enthusiastic Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Quality Advisor to join a passionate and successful team, work closely with industry experts and specialists, and further develop a career in this field.
Cushman & Wakefield offer an above average remuneration package which includes:
• Free Life Insurance
• Free Income replacement insurance
• Discounted Medical cover with Southern Cross
• Access to Marram Trust holiday / medical program
Candidates must be eligible to work in New Zealand to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.