· Are you engaging, proactive and outcome focussed?
· Autonomous role for person with strong ability to influence and mentor
· Good understanding of Safety II
Our client seeks an experienced HSEQ Advisor to assist in the key activities to mitigate risk, build relationships and work closely with operations
Our client is one of New Zealand’s largest LPG retailers serving 95,000 customers from seven branches and a network of 28 franchises throughout the country.
The purpose of this role is to deliver Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality excellence by providing a highly visible HSEQ presence at the sites; ensuring HSEQ best practice is integral to all operations and activities, and contributing to the development, implementation and continuous improvement of HSEQ policies, processes and management systems that achieve compliance with all legislative requirements.
This role is based in Auckland with regional coverage from Taupo to Northland.
· Assist with the delivery of the HSQE Plan at the business and Branch/site levels
· Provide HSEQ technical information, advice and support to all staff and contractors
· Provide full HSQE support to People Leaders including reviewing and approving HSQE project plans, leading Risk and Issues review meetings, conducting site audits and inspections, and overseeing Contractor assurance and performance and drug and alcohol testing
· Coordinate and facilitate all HSE meetings within the sales channels and business areas
· Promote the use of continuous development of safety management systems, standards and tools throughout the business
· Develop, implement and review policies, procedures and guidelines that support the requirements of Safety, Wellbeing and Environmental Management System (HSEMS) and legislative requirements
· Develop and embed internal HSQE training refreshers
· Work with Branch Managers to design and deliver training programmes and initiatives as required
· Provide coaching and support to Health and Safety Representatives
· Coordinate and facilitate all HSE meetings within business areas
· Conduct Hazard, Safety and Environment data monitoring, analysis and reporting
· Monitor and report on the progress and outcomes of HSQE related programmes and improvement actions
· Assist in the review of accident and incident reports and carries out investigations and analysis where required.
Skills and experience include:
· Experience in a HSEQ Advisor position within an industrial environment
· Good understanding of Safety II
· Relevant tertiary qualifications
· Good level of IT literacy
· Excellent relationship building and influencing skills
· Exceptional written communication skills
· Resilient by nature
· Proactive, energetic and enthusiastic
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via email@example.com
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
Not quite what you are looking for? Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 424 8367 quoting reference #2994.
edenfx HSE - New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialists
HSE People recruiting HSE People www.edenfx.co.nz