• Stable, established brand
• West Auckland location with parking available
• Supported at national and global level
Well supported role with competitive salary and handy location.
Provide guidance and support in this busy manufacturing environment where safety is owned and led by management and staff
About the company and role
Part of a larger, globally owned group, this is a busy manufacturing site, providing custom PVC products and a range of products to the building and construction industry. Committed to ongoing quality and customer service, they are also committed to the safety of their people.
They have a strong safety culture and safety is very much led by the Site Management Team and initiatives are staff driven. Reporting at site level, you will be well supported by the wider NZ and APAC safety teams.
Your role will be to provide the knowledge, guidance and a visible presence on the floor; engaging and educating them in the processes and systems designed to make the workplace safer.
People who work here stay here, everybody has a smile and even the GM stops to pick things up off the floor. They take a wider view of what influences the safety and wellbeing of their staff and everybody is involved, so it’s not just about ticking the boxes.
Duties will include:
• Implementation of global and national initiatives
• Improved understanding of risk management and control
• Practical application of process and systems, so that safety becomes second nature
• Delivery of core health, safety and environmental training programs and inductions
• Ensure timely notification and monitor corrective actions of all incidents
• Onsite facilitation for Dangerous Goods
• Monthly national and regional reporting
Skills and experience
Your self-motivation, proactive approach and engagement skills are key to this role. This is not safety from behind the desk and you will be out and visible in the manufacturing environment. To be successful in the role you’ll need:
• Level IV National Certificate or higher
• Proven experience, preferably in the manufacturing environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Proven experience in influencing managers in HSE best practice
• Experience with MANGO would be an advantage
• ICAM certified
• Practical knowledge of machine guarding standards AS4024
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Amanda on 021 0818 7342 quoting reference #3286
There are no visa/sponsorship opportunities available with this role. This is a permanent position, therefore only applicants with full, valid, permanent working rights will be considered.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People