• Excellent career opportunity within the electrical generation sector
• Strong systems and process – legislative expert required
• Exceptional relationship management and communication skillset
Our client requires a Health and Safety Technical Specialist to focus on ensuring all systems and process are reviewed and improved as required
The company and role
Our client is based in Tauranga and operates a successful business model within the electricity generation and retail sector.
Reporting to the Safety and Wellbeing Manager, the successful candidate will have an excellent understanding of legislation and a strong ability to influence and collaborate with key stakeholders at all levels, including contractors.
A key part of this role is building and maintaining key relationships including the updating of safety systems, investigation reports and monitoring, analysing and reporting on the subcontractors Health and Safety performance with the view of reducing risk and embedding corrective actions.
Management of critical risk in an influential and credible manner is a high priority for this position.
You will utilise your excellent people management skills by mentoring and assisting all within the organisation to understand their key roles and responsibilities in regard to Risk, OHS and Wellbeing.
• Direct responsibility for the technical reporting, reviewing of systems and procedures
• Working to achieve compliance to legislation, through proactive management
• Foster a culture where employees are engaged and feel empowered
• Work proactively to ensure all risks, hazards, near misses and incidents are reported in a timely and effective manner
• Ensure relevant corrective actions are Implemented and reviewed – working with key stakeholders to ensure ownership is acknowledged
• Ensure competency assessments and audits are carried out in accordance with the business requirements
• Follow up with contractors to ensure all are working towards the common goal
• Support all Health, Safety and Wellbeing matters nationally
• Work promptly to resolve queries and any health and safety reports or concerns
• Provide solid advice in order to achieve, over and above pure compliance
• Provide assistance from a strategic perspective to ensure sustainable success
Skills and experience include
• Previous health and safety, plus general business risk experience at a similar level
• Similar industry experience and a solid understanding of a contracting environment
• Relevant Tertiary qualification in OHS
• Experience with critical risk identification and analysis
• Proven experience and an enthusiasm for providing motivational leadership, coaching, mentoring and support at all levels
• Robust numerical and analytical skillset
• Excellent verbal and written communication, including report writing
• Proven ability to build and maintain strong collaborative working relationships
• Strong ability to foresee challenges, read situations and respond efficiently and effectively
• Tenacity in taking problems through to successful outcomes despite potential barriers
• Able to show initiative and demonstrate a level of senior professionalism
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via the eden website:
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 424 8367 quoting reference #3135.
edenfx HSE - New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialists
HSE People recruiting HSE People