• A critical risk environment – Hazardous Substances/Biological Pathogens
• Wellbeing is not just an add on – so bring your A game
• Opportunity to lead a newly created team to support significant change in high profile organisation
Support this world leading scientific and research organisation through a great team effort and values-based approach.
About the company
Specialising in science relating to people and communities, this organisation’s world class knowledge, research and laboratory services assist in solving complex issues, in order to protect the people in NZ and around the world.
With a mission of keeping communities safe, healthy and prosperous through smart and sustainable science, our client’s vision is as a world leader in science and being regarded as a critical partner by their clients and are sought out for their high quality solutions and leading edge research.
You will enjoy working with a fully committed CEO who fosters positive relationships and leads his Senior Leadership Team to organisational success. The critical risks have been identified and work is well underway in keys areas such as hazardous substance, biological pathogens and wellbeing.
Values based organisation, with team spirit (Mahi tahi), w quality counts (Mahi rangatira), do the right thing (Mahi pono) and push the boundaries (Mahi auaha) being central to all they aspire too.
About the role
Responsible for ensuring a healthy and safety work environment through strong effective enabling leadership. The role is an integral member of the People, Culture and Capability leadership team and will work alongside managers and employees in an integrated, coordinated and of course, efficient manner.
Duties will include:
• Leading this high profile organisation to best practice
• Developing and coaching a strong performing team
• Governance and Strategy
• Intelligent systems integration
• Accountable for annual Health and Safety budget
• People Leadership – mentor, guide and support your team of practitioners
• Ensure relevant and timely OSH advice, assistance and support is provided throughout the organisation
• Ensure continuous improvement is front of mind
• Oversee Injury Management and RTW
Skills and experience include:
You will have significant experience working at a senior level, providing governance and strategic advice to ensure sustainable success.
Your ability to assess sometimes complex health and safety issues and to ensure relevant mitigation strategies are put in place will be well utilised, as will your previous success with engaging at all levels to gain buy in to initiatives, with an integrated approach.
• Tertiary qualification in OHS - essential
• Professional grading with NZISM or IOSH and undertaking CPD
• Strategic planning and implementation with a focus on quality and risk management
• Project management qualification is highly desired
• Proven Risk Management success in a medium to large organisation
• Incident investigation – ICAM preferred
• Leadership, coaching and mentoring – proactive by nature
• Strong technical/legislative knowledge
• Excellent presentation, teaching and facilitation skills
• RTW/Injury Management experience
• Analytical and logical/methodical approach
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne on 021 10 10 691 quoting reference #3415.
Essential: Registration with a relevant professional body and/or undergoing CPD is expected.
There are no visa/sponsorship opportunities available with this role. This is a permanent position, therefore only applicants with full, valid, permanent working rights will be considered.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People