• Varied role with operational and strategic input
• Established company supporting growth industry
• Highly engaged workplace culture
Drive a strong health, safety and wellbeing culture. Build outstanding relationships and coach others to progress
About the role
The Health, Safety and Wellbeing Leader provides specialist guidance to both senior leadership and operational staff, promoting and managing all aspects of the organisations HSW strategy and systems, including BAU and Projects.
You will review and monitor existing systems, while developing the strategy and process to take our client to the next level and progressing a strong HSW culture. This position also provides reports to both internal and external stakeholders, senior executives and Board, liaising with regulators and external providers as necessary.
• Influence and drive health and safety culture
• Identify and develop HSW initiatives, policy and procedure
• Manage existing systems including contractors
• Identify critical risk and suitable controls
• Chair and facilitate health and safety committee meetings
• Coach and mentor representatives
• Manage return to work and liaise with providers
• Ensure the business remains up to date with compliance, regulations and ACOP’s
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will have extensive proven experience including both advisory and leadership roles, preferably across multiple industries which may include research or consultancy. You will have experience in project management and show the ability to influence and drive change at all levels of an organisation.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the HSWA and HSNO legislation
• Relevant qualification in occupational health and safety
• Proven ability in strategic planning and implementation
• Outstanding relationship building capability
• Rehabilitation and injury management expertise
• Proven track record in achievement in the health, safety and wellbeing field preferably within a technical workforce
• High attention to detail and accuracy
• Exceptional oral and written communication skill
• Registration with an industry body would be an advantage (NZISM, IOSH)
About the company
Our client is an independent research and consulting company, with a focus on challenging the norm within its industry, aiming to deliver evidence-based solutions, system transformation and added value to their clients.
With around 120 employees, they have a strong foundation and high engagement in health, safety and wellbeing, but are on a journey of continual improvement.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via the edenfx website:
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 424 8367 quoting reference #3213.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz