Are you looking to advance your career in HSW? Do you enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic environment where no two days are the same? One where you can really influence change and make a difference?
We have a new and exciting role for a full time, permanent Health, Safety and Wellbeing (HSW) Coordinator based in Wellington. This is a great development opportunity for someone early on in their HSW career.
In return you’ll get to work with our supportive and innovative HSW team across our outstanding region and natural environments, with people who are passionate about what they do in an organisation that really cares about what matters most.
About Greater Wellington:
There's a lot more to us than meets the eye. Here at Greater Wellington, we're working on the big things that will impact everyone in our region. Ensuring we have uninterrupted access to drinking water, staying safe from the threat of flooding, protecting and enhancing the environment, improving the quality of our fresh water, ensuring we are all connected through our public transport network and planning ahead for the potential impact of climate change across our region. We're people who are genuinely passionate about the work we do, because we believe what we do counts.
We provide a diverse range of benefits including working options that help our staff balance their own lifestyle and needs with their work commitments. We're also all about growing our people through professional development and experience across everything the council does.
About the role:
Reporting to the Wellington based HSW Manger this role works with the HSW team to support the business to deliver our vision of ‘Everyone, everyday home safe and well.’
• Delivering timely and sound HSW operational technical advisory and support
• Building trusted relationships to promote effective and consistent HSW behaviours and risk management practices (with a focus on critical risk)
• Assisting in continual improvement of our HSW framework tools and resources
• Coordinating HSW reporting, data collection and analysis
• Coordinating and actively supporting our worker participation programme
• Coordinating HSW communication and training programmes
Skills and experience required:
We’re looking for a solutions focused and hands on HSW coordinator with a can do approach
To be successful in the role you will:-
• Have experience, a qualification in HSW/working towards, or a willingness to undertake, formal HSW training is desirable
• Have a base understanding of best practice HSW principles and practices, current Health and Safety legislation, codes of practice
• Be able to positively coach and influence change
• Bring highly developed customer service and business partnering skills
• Bring a pragmatic and can do approach and ability to think outside the box
• Be agile, flexible and able to work autonomously as well as part of a team
How to apply:
Apply via the GW website with a cover letter and CV at https://careers.gw.govt.nz/jobs/GW-1533297
For further information, please contact Julie Barber, 021 580 927.
Applications close: Friday, 4 June 2021
Due to current border restrictions from the New Zealand Government we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are a New Zealand Citizen/Resident or who have already secured the right to work in New Zealand and hold a valid visa. For further information, please visit www.immigration.govt.nz