Are you a dynamic and passionate individual with a knack for ensuring the safety and well-being of others? Do you have a strong background in Health and Safety regulations and a keen eye for detail? If so, we have the perfect role for you!
Company: Open Country Dairy
Location: Based in Waikato, NZ (National Role)
Position: Health, Safety and Wellbeing Advisor
About Us: Open Country represents the very best of the New Zealand dairy industry. We are New Zealand’s second largest milk processor and the world’s second largest exporter of whole milk powder.
We collaborate with our clients, listen to their feedback, and work hard to ensure we develop products that consistently deliver on their quality expectations and evolving needs.
100% New Zealand-based and family owned, we work hand in hand with our customers across the globe to understand the ingredients they need. Smart and flexible partnerships, and a little Kiwi ingenuity, go a long way. As we continue to grow, we're looking for a Health, Safety and Wellbeing Advisor to join our team and champion our safety initiatives.
The Role: As the Health, Safety and Wellbeing Advisor at Open Country Dairy, you'll be at the forefront of developing an effective and inclusive Health, Safety and Wellbeing system. Your primary responsibilities will include:
• Developing, implementing, and continuously improving Health and Safety policies and procedures.
• Conducting thorough risk assessments and developing strategies to mitigate potential hazards.
• Developing and conducting safety inductions, on-the-job training and supervision.
• Ensuring our emergency preparedness.
• Investigating incidents and near-misses, identifying root causes, and recommending preventative actions.
• Managing our contractors which includes the permit to work system.
• Keeping up-to-date with industry best practices and emerging trends in Health and Safety.
You will also support our sister company, Southern Milk Transport with their Health, Safety and Wellbeing journey. Southern Milk Transport are not just a company; they are a community of passionate professionals driving the future of the dairy industry. With their commitment to excellence, they’re proud to deliver top-quality products to their esteemed customers.
With Open Country Dairy and Southern Milk Transport sites in both the North and South Islands, travel will be required in this position.
What We're Looking For:
• Formal qualification in Occupational Health and Safety (Level 5 as a minimum).
• ISO 45001, Internal Audit and/or Risk management qualifications preferred.
• 5-10 years of experience in implementing and managing Health, Safety and Wellbeing systems in Manufacturing, Transport, Logistics, Construction or Mining.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence and inspire others.
• Proven track record of successfully driving safety initiatives.
• Strong analytical skills to assess data and develop actionable insights.
• Team player with a positive attitude and the ability to lead by example.
Why Open Country Dairy?
At Open Country Dairy, we value our employees' well-being and development. We will allow you plenty of opportunity to grow and develop and we are passionate about developing your leadership potential.
• Competitive compensation.
• Opportunities for growth and career advancement.
• A collaborative and inclusive work environment.
• The chance to make a real impact on our safety culture.
Ready to Join Us?
Join us in creating a safer, healthier future at Open Country Dairy.
If you're ready to take the next step in your career and contribute to a safer workplace, we'd love to hear from you! Please submit your resume and a compelling cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you're the perfect fit for this role.
Please apply online or contact Lizzy Rahui at Findex on 022 012 7580 or email@example.com
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.