• High performance organisation, with a clear purpose
• Health and Safety Operational role – Permit to Work experience required
• Continuous Improvement mindset – monitor, coach, mentor
Practical knowledge of Health and Safety legislation required, along with an influencing, coaching and engaging personality.
About the company
High-performance organisation with a very clear purpose – to improve the wellbeing of all within their reach.
With their people at the heart of everything they do, this organisation has a desire to deliver world-class outcomes within their community.
Around 1200 employees and a large number of contractors, there are numerous business units -offering truly diverse and exciting opportunities for improvement.
About the role
Reporting to the Health and Safety Specialist, this role will be a strong Health and Safety advocate and provide operational support through SWMS - Permit to Work, coordination, support and auditing of Health and Safety systems for the Infrastructure Operations side of the organisation.
• Ensure all physical and contractor work site audits are scheduled and completed
• Audit to both internal and regulatory requirements, following up to ensure all non-compliances are reported, monitored, tracked and actions are agreed
• Coach and mentor to ensure actions are addressed in a timely manner
• Facilitate Permit to Work process
• Manage and continuously improve systems and process
• Work with Team Leaders to ensure all databases are maintained with accuracy
• Contribute to special projects as required
• Participate in Civil Defence emergency events and training as required
• Actively participate and engage in all health and safety activities within your business unit
Skills and experience
The successful candidate is likely to have a few years’ experience in a Health and Safety role within infrastructure or manufacturing, with a proven track record for thinking differently, as well as practical, working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation, with the ability to work independently and collaboratively to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
• Tertiary qualification (or working towards one i.e. Diploma OHS)
• Strong understanding in a practical sense of legislation
• Experienced in Permit to Work and SWMS
• Ability to mentor and coach staff, with strong relationship building skillset
The environment lends itself to strong team players who act with integrity and work together to deliver world-class outcomes for the community.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 021 10 10 691 quoting reference #3386
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
To apply click here:https://edenfx.co.nz/job/health-safety-and-permit-...
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People