About the Role
As our Health and Safety Consultant, you will provide coaching, guidance, and engage in mentoring of our clients to ensure understanding and compliance with Health and Safety processes. We work with systems written to ISO45001 and ISO14001 (Environmental- starting to expand in this area).
We are willing to be flexible with this role for the right person. This includes working from our office in Riccarton or remotely, with flexible hours (full or part time hours). Ideally the role will have a start date of January 2022.
Reporting and being part of the National Office, you will have support of the rest of the team when needed. The expectation is that you will be helping to create safe workplaces and help to educate / support our clients and their workers on how to complete their health and safety requirements.
We have a solutions and support based approach to health and safety. We do not police.
In this crucial role you will assist your client base with:
• Providing expert health and safety solutions for issues that suit the clients business requirements and culture
• Educate and/ or complete reporting client health and safety actions
• Create client health and safety documentation
• Complete Site Inspections, Toolbox Talks and Site Inductions
• Facilitate Health and Safety Committee and H&S Management Meetings
• Provide Project Health and Safety Management
• Complete Risk Assessments, Audits and reviews
• Build and assist clients to implement ISO45001 and ISO14001 Management Systems
• Encourage and support clients to transfer to ISO45001 systems from AS/NZS4801
• Assist with the planning, development, implementation and maintenance of Health and Safety processes and procedures
• Assist in obtaining a high level of engagement for health and safety
• Assist in with investigations and root cause analysis when required
• Engagement, educating and influencing businesses and contractors.
To be successful in this role you will have energy, passion, and ideas with a natural ability to solve problems. You will have excellent communication skills and a strong ability to carry a discussion and lead engagement at all levels. You will be assisting clients from a number of different industries, a need to think out of the box and adapt your approach is often required.
To be successful in this role you will be comfortable adapting your style and health and safety tools to suit your audience. Coaching and working alongside clients getting them to understand the importance of Health and Safety.
You'll also bring:
• A tertiary qualification in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent combination of qualifications and experience and
• 3+ years' experience in H&S coordinator or advisory roles, or in another relevant role
• Experience in managing projects and contractors
• Experience in developing and delivering material to managers and employees
• Previous experience in Occupational Health, Environmental or Quality Management (preferred but not necessary)
• Previous experience in an industry with high risk levels (preferred but not necessary)
• Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
• A proven record of delivering results and change while working independently
• The ability to think through new and novel solutions, using initiative
• Be able to upsell your knowledge and skills to build your client base
• Excellent administration and computer skills, especially in Microsoft, experience with Workflow Max is desirable but not necessary
• Understanding of H&S Software Platforms is desirable but not necessary
• Continual Professional Development is important to you
OHS Consultants is a nationwide company, with consultants throughout NZ, and we produce the Take 5 off-the-shelf H&S documentation range. Our head office is based in Riccarton, Christchurch. After recently changing ownership, the management team is driving growth within the company.
We provide our clients with solutions to their Health and Safety enquiries and have a strong emphasis on finding solutions to work with the clients practices, this could often mean adjusting your approach and adapting to your audience.
OHS Consultants and their team often share their knowledge, resources and often work together on projects. We are a team who likes to share and we are not shy to debate and have group discussions on practices and approaches with health and safety.
If you would like to be part of an organisation that is on a journey to be the best, as well as team that is fun, dynamic and real then this could be the opportunity you have been looking for.
Please send a cover letter and C.V. to Bruce Saunders; firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions please contact 0800 582 535
Successful applications will be asked to provide copies of their formal qualifications.