• Drive HSE performance for this industry leading bio pharma business
• Collaborate with multiple business units both within NZ and internationally
• Highly engaged and proactive safety culture
Highly competitive salary and great working environment,
Provide innovation and practical HSE solutions to this highly successful and growing international Pharmaceutical business.
About the company
Established in New Zealand over 50 years ago, our client is now part of a larger global group that manufacture and develop pharmaceutical products. With over 130 staff operating across multiple work sites in Palmerston North, the business has a strong track record of innovation and excellent staff retention. Our client is proud of their practical can-do culture, where everyone is encouraged to take ownership and contribute.
About the role
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be a highly driven and solutions minded HSE professional. Comfortable operating in a dynamic, regulated environment you will routinely engage with external bodies such as MedSafe and WorkSafe. An ability to partner with operations and influence culture is essential. You will be responsible for setting strategic direction for NZ operations, leading HSE activities.
A high-profile appointment within the business, you will be expected to take a hands-on approach to HSE management. Maintain visibility and engaging with multiple work groups. You will effectively identify and communicate risk to the organisation, prioritising initiatives to deliver and operations owned culture.
The role also involves the management of one direct report. You will be required to mentor, develop and upskill this individual, providing a secondary line of HSE support to the business.
This is an excellent and rare opportunity in Palmerston North. It is suited to either an established HSE manager or someone seeking their first leadership role. Prior manufacturing or relatable industry experience is essential.
• Develop, implement and drive HSE strategy and initiatives
• Provide monthly SMT reports, collaborating with international colleagues
• Ensure ongoing compliance against ISO 45001, 14001 and 50001 standards
• Engage with key external bodies including MedSafe, WorkSafe, regional and local Councils
• Line manage x1 Advisor, providing ongoing coaching and mentoring
• Incident management and investigation, identifying remedial actions
• Chair HSE Committee Meetings
• Drive ongoing HSE culture developments
Skills and experience
• Minimum 5 years’ HSE experience ideally in a manufacturing environment
• Relevant Tertiary level qualifications
• Thorough knowledge of NZ legislation and regulations
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills and a collaborative management style
• Experience working with Senior Management, external agencies, and stakeholders
• Knowledge is ISO standards (14001 and 45001) would be highly advantageous
• Strong communication and report writing skills
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Duncan on 027 584 0066 quoting reference #3459
There are no visa/sponsorship opportunities available with this role. This is a permanent position, therefore only applicants with full, valid, permanent working rights will be considered.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People