Health, Safety and Environment Coordinator – Part-time
Located in the seaside city of Timaru, Tasman Tanning (SI) Ltd are toll processors of hides and skins, providing high-quality leathers for leading manufacturers around the globe. With a growing revenue and solid customer base, Tasman Tanning is committed to continual investment and improvements.
Reporting to the People and Culture Manager, you will play an essential role in the Health, Safety and Environmental matters of our operation. Working with an experienced team of supervisors and managers, together with a H & S and Training Co-ordinator, we see this role as being 3 days per week.
With plans for further expansion, you will help develop processes and practices to align with our commitment to meet or exceed legislative standards and contribute to the future company direction. You will be passionate about sustainable operations and the environment, having a strong influence on the safety of all who step onto our site, including staff, contractors, and visitors. You will work with the Executive team to engage our staff to think outside the box in terms of sustainability and environmental initiatives and meeting NZ and international market requirements.
Ensuring we maintain standards and strive for continual improvement, you will be involved in auditing for safety, health and environmental compliance. You will also assist with compliance with Ministry of Primary Industry and certification with Leather Working Group.
We will assist you to build on your career by providing opportunities for involvement in project work, together with training and development to further enhance your skills and knowledge.
What we require from you:
• Relevant Tertiary qualification preferably with environmental process engineering or similar strand of study and interest.
• Auditing and Investigation experience would be advantageous
• HSNO training and/or experience
• Passion for environmental initiatives ensuring TTSI follow the correct direction in terms of global sustainability.
• A leader of good H&S practices
• Good literacy & numeracy skills.
• Be precise and accurate with data.
• Must be self motivated and driven to achieve results.
• Ability to work to deadlines and ensuring results are achieved.
• Must be comfortable working in an industrial environment where hi-viz and steel-cap boots are part of your daily business attire.
In return Tasman Tanning South Island Ltd offers you the following:
• Opportunities for personal growth and on-going training
• Competitive Remuneration
• A committed team who support each other
As a part-time role, we envisage the days of work to be Monday, Thursday and Friday. However, we would consider other work patterns to suit the successful incumbent. These shorter and flexible work hours will allow you to pursue the great outdoors that Timaru has to offer (the gateway to the Southern Lakes and Mt Cook area), or perhaps tie into a secondary part-time role.
To apply, please email CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
In accordance with the Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy, TTSI is committed to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment. As part of the selection process applicants will be required to pass an independently conducted pre-employment drug test and medical assessment.
Candidates must meet the immigration eligibility criteria to apply for this role, and preferably reside in New Zealand or have immediate plans to arrive in New Zealand within the next 3 months.