• Hands-on H&S partnership and advisory role supporting our people
• Full time permanent opportunity covering our Lower North (LN) Region
• Flexibility to be based in Wellington, Taranaki, Hawkes Bay or any other LN regional office
• Salary starting from $77,346 up to $109,194 based on skills/experience
'Kotahi anō te kaupapa, ko te oranga o te iwi' – ‘There is only one purpose to our work: the wellness and wellbeing of our people.
Led from our Chief Executive, we're embedding a culture of continuous improvement and capability across our unique operating environment at Ara Poutama Aotearoa. Nowhere else is quite the same – we have over 10,000 people at 100’s of sites across Aotearoa with over 80% who work directly with the people in our care. We also deliver instructional and rehabilitation programmes in high-risk industries, such as construction, engineering, construction, and agriculture – it's a diverse, interesting and complex portfolio to manage safety across.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
We have a permanent opportunity for a seasoned Health and Safety professional to join our recently expanded Safety & Wellbeing Group and provide proactive health and safety advice and support to sites, leaders and teams across our Lower North Region. Your key focus in this role is to support these teams to improve their health and safety performance and ensure that health and safety become core considerations throughout their business-as-usual ways of working. This involves supporting sites, teams and projects to effectively apply a range of health and safety policies, procedures and protocols, supporting and guiding the completion of H&S Learning Reviews/investigations, undertaking critical risk and system assurance checks across teams and projects, and providing technically accurate and constructive advice to improve the H&S performance of business areas.
There is an expectation that the role holder can commit to regular regional travel, therefore a full driver’s licence is essential.
Ngā pūkenga e kimi ana mātou | Skills we look for
To be successful, we are looking for evidence of the following key skills and experience within your written application:
• A relevant tertiary qualification in Health and Safety;
• Experience in a similar role providing health and safety advice and guidance, ideally across large and complex organisations;
• Demonstrated understanding of health and safety legislation;
• Proven knowledge and understanding of the Incident Cause Analysis Method (ICAM);
• Experience in delivering activities that improve awareness, knowledge and application of health and safety policies, procedures and protocols;
• Excellent collaboration skills with an ability to develop strong relationships to drive culture change with key stakeholders;
• Good technical experience, ideally with a background in a high-risk industry;
• Knowledge of applied best practice in health and safety business partnering, including health and safety assurance and Learning Review/investigation activities; and
• A full (clean) drivers licence
Tono ināianei | Apply now
To apply online, submit your CV and a tailored cover letter (PDF) describing your motivation for wanting to join our whanau at Ara Poutama Aotearoa and outline your relevant skills, experience and personal qualities essential to this role.
Applications will close 9pm on Sunday 4 October via our careers website. Shortlisted candidates may be invited to take part in a pre-interview competency assessment. Interviews will take place in the week commencing Monday 12 Oct and can be offered virtually via MS Teams.
The salary range for this role is $77,346 up to $109,194 based demonstrable skills, experience and expertise relevant to the role.