Kia hiwa rā!
We are seeking a talented Health & Safety Advisor based in the Wellington or Wairarapa area to join Ngāi Tahu Holdings.
Ngāi Tahu Holdings is transforming the delivery of corporate services by implementing a centralised support model for the group. This will see you working within a professional community of like-minded specialists to support a diverse range of businesses. Our objectives for the centralised support model are a superior service culture and excellence in service delivery.
Reporting to the General Manager Safety and Wellbeing (Christchurch), you will be part of the team responsible for supporting and empowering our operating businesses to manage their health, safety and wellbeing risks. You will be working closely with Business Unit Managers and providing coaching, advice and support to decision-making. This is an exciting opportunity to influence our new ways of working, ensure service excellence to our customers and ultimately deliver value to Ngāi Tahu whānui.
Ngāi Tahu Holdings is the wholly-owned investment company of Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu. Through the management of capital investment and operating a portfolio of commercial entities including Tourism, Seafood, Property, Farming, Forestry and Honey we have the collective responsibility to protect and grow the Ngāi Tahu tribal pūtea and Settlement assets for future generations "Mō tātou, ā, mō kā uri ā muri ake nei" (for us and our children after us).
We are looking for talented and driven individuals with:
- A minimum of three years working in a similar Health & Safety role.
- Tertiary qualification or certificate in Health and Safety.
- A genuine passion for Health and Safety best practice, approaching tasks in a proactive manner with a strong commitment to upholding professional standards.
- Working knowledge of New Zealand health and safety legislation.
- Proven interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to work effectively with all levels of management and employees.
- Enthusiasm for challenges in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong customer focus and service ethic.
- A high level of initiative and motivation to achieve quality results.
- Familiarity with the Treaty of Waitangi and its application to the work of Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu.
- Strong awareness of and affinity for the needs and aspirations of our ultimate stakeholders, Ngāi Tahu whānui.
- An ability and willingness to learn and engage in te reo and tikanga Māori.
In return we offer:
In return we offer a unique opportunity to work for a thriving iwi organisation. We pride ourselves on being a values-led organisation and investing in the professional development of our employees. You will have a unique opportunity to strengthen your understanding of te reo Māori and tikanga. We support the development of cultural confidence and provide a safe and supportive learning environment for kaimahi.
Click below to apply or for confidential enquiries, please contact Anteisha O'Connell on firstname.lastname@example.org