We’re a team of 14,000 who make sure all South Islanders have access to the groceries and essentials they need. Proudly 100% Kiwi-owned and operated, our co-operative has more than 200 PAK’nSAVE, New World, Four Square, Raeward Fresh and On the Spot stores feeding the South Island.
We value being at the heart of our communities, like we’ve always been, to make the South Island a better place – for today and for many generations to come. From sunny Golden Bay all the way to Stewart Island, there’s a Foodstuffs store serving you and your whānau.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our team as a Health and Safety Advisor at our Hornby Distribution Centre. The role will have a large focus on Transport and will assist our Transport South Island (TSI) business unit.
We are looking for someone who has a pragmatic approach and is keen to be “hands on”. Getting to know our drivers and working with them to keep them safe when they are out on the road, will be the key to success in this role.
What will you do?
• Proactively build positive relationships across the business to ensure a collaborative and consistent delivery of initiatives.
• Work with the wider team to ensure regulatory compliance is achieved to support a positive health, safety, and wellness culture.
• Coach and mentor staff in delivering good H&S practice.
• Conduct risk assessments across the supply chain and provide advice on H&S best practice.
• Hazard, Accident and Incident Management.
• Work alongside our leadership team on a variety of improvement projects.
• Lead and partner with contractors.
What we are looking for:
• Proven experience in a Health & Safety role at the advisory level preferably in a similar sized organisation in the FMCG, Transport or Supply Chain industries.
• Working knowledge of the Health & Safety at Work Act 2015 and its amendments.
• Relevant H & S qualification(s).
• Proven experience in conducting incident investigations, risk assessments and risk management, including critical risks, in the workplace.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
• Understanding of work-related health risks.
What can you expect from us?
• Health insurance for you and your family after a qualifying period.
• Flexibility to balance your life and work commitments.
• Opportunities to grow and develop.
• A friendly, positive, supportive team environment.
• A culture that is inclusive and collaborative.
If you love working with people and being part of a team, we would love to hear from you!
If you have any questions about this role, please contact our recruitment team on email@example.com
Applications close 13 August 2023
In line with our commitment to the health and safety of our people and communities we have an active drug and alcohol policy, the successful applicant will be required to complete a pre-employment drug and alcohol test and Ministry of Justice Criminal Conviction History Check.
Applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.