Here at Harvey Norman we are proud to help thousands of New Zealanders every day, right across the country, choose solutions that improve their living environments! Our HR & Safety team contribute significantly to achieving this by helping keep the great people who work across our stores and warehouses safe each day at work.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a success-driven person to join our team on a 12-month fixed term parental leave contract, to help ensure that our long-term health and safety practices are effective while providing operational oversight across out nationwide multi-site business.
Working in our team means you’ll be welcomed into a cohesive, hardworking and fun team and take responsibility for:
- Driving key Health and Safety initiatives and projects that will have long-term impact to the organisation
- Advancing health and safety policy, processes and practices
- Ensuring robust and effective risk management frameworks are continually improved
- Building key stakeholder relationships internal and external of the business
- Engaging with all levels the business and being liaison for the management team.
- Lifting the health and safety capability across the business
- Championing a positive health and safety culture in day-to-day activities
Naturally you will be the type of person who loves working in a team environment, taking responsibility for project deliverables while juggling business-as-usual tasks, and continually finding ways to improve and be more effective.
In addition, you will
- Be able to build relationships and collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Have experiencing in designing and implementing processes and practices across complex and multi-site business structures
- Be a highly organised self-starter and have a super-efficient working style
- Be comfortable with technology, specifically you’ll be a Word, PowerPoint and Excel whiz. Microsoft Power BI skills are advantageous
- Have an advanced quality and detail focus
- Want to continually improve safety and yourself!
About what’s on Offer!
In addition to the amazing team environment you’ll be joining and the varied work you’ll get to do… You will also receive a competitive salary, free car parking, access to generous staff discounts; and extensive opportunities to build your project management skills while maintaining and improving health and safety practices for the business.
We look forward to receiving your application soon!