We’re a team of 14,000 who make sure all South Islanders have access to the groceries and essentials they need. Proudly 100% Kiwi-owned and operated, our co-operative has more than 200 PAK’nSAVE, New World, Four Square, Raeward Fresh and On the Spot stores feeding the South Island.
We value being at the heart of our communities, like we’ve always been, to make the South Island a better place – for today and for many generations to come. From sunny Golden Bay all the way to Stewart Island, there’s a Foodstuffs store serving you and your whānau.
Our success is down to our people who bring their skills, experience, passion, and expertise to make Foodies an amazing and rewarding place to work. Given the breadth of our cooperative, the opportunities for development are endless.
About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and professional Health & Safety Advisor, to help lead Health & Safety throughout our operations. We are looking for someone who is proactive and has proven experience in risk identification and risk management. The purpose of this position is to support our commitment towards the Health and Safety of our people to ensure everyone gets home safe, every day.
If you love working with people, being part of a team and have experience with traffic management/transport/logistics we would love to hear from you!
What will you do?
* Proactively build positive relationships across the business and within the Health & Safety team to ensure a collaborative, consistent delivery of Health & Safety initiatives
* Work alongside our leadership team on improvement projects and collaborate to achieve win/win outcomes between safety/operations
* Coach and mentor staff in delivering good H&S practice
* Collaborate with team members to ensure regulatory compliance is achieved, as well as the embedding of a health, safety, and wellness culture, in line with the Company H & S Strategic Plan
* Complete/assist with risk assessments across the supply chain including analysing/identifying current risks and assisting with recommendations for suitable controls (taking into consideration the hierarchy of controls) and corrective actions
* Advise of H&S best practice guidelines as per the Health & Safety at Work Act (2015) throughout our operations
Hazard, Accident and Incident Management
* Lead and partner with all contractors to ensure they meet / exceed our H&S expectations
What we are looking for:
* Proven experience in a Health & Safety role at the advisory level preferably in FMCG, Transport or Supply Chain
* Working knowledge of the Health & Safety at Work Act 2015 and its amendments
* Relevant H & S qualification – Level 4 or above, Relevant courses/unit standards in Risk Assessment and Risk Management
* Proven experience and understanding in conducting incident investigations, risk assessment and risk management, including critical risks, in the workplace
* Understanding of work-related health risks
* Ability to review work processes and identify hazards using a variety of risk management tools
* Good record keeping skills and attention to detail including document control
* Strong computer and research skills
What can you expect from us?
* A competitive remuneration package
* Health insurance for you and your family
* Flexibility to balance your life and work commitments
* A friendly, positive, supportive team environment
* A culture that is inclusive and collaborative
If you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you – apply now: https://careers.foodstuffs-si.co.nz/job/Christchur...
If you have any questions about this role, please contact our recruitment team on email@example.com
Applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand