Waitemata DHB serves the fastest growing DHB population in NZ, providing Best Care to the patient and their family, the community & iwi, and our healthcare workforce in the North Shore, Rodney and West Auckland Districts.
Reporting to the Group Manager and working with a team of dedicated and passionate Occupational Health and Health and Safety professionals, this role will oversee the implementation of key organisational work-place health and safety initiatives across the organisation, to ensure alignment with best practice standards, and the day-to-day management of the Health and Safety Advisor team.
Key skills and responsibilities will include:
* Managing the day-to-day activities of the Health and Safety Advisor team
* Review/develop and implement workplace health and safety systems and processes
* Ability to analyse data, draw conclusions and report accordingly
* Conduct health and safety incident analysis and investigations
* Provide expert health and safety advice to all teams
* Develop and deliver comprehensive training and up-skilling work-shops
* Support the hazard and risk management programmes
* Work collaboratively with the Clinical Team Leader and the ACC Rehabilitation Team Leader on overlapping work areas to increase organisational value
Preferred experience and personal attributes for the role includes:
* A minimum of 3-5 years in a similar role
* Minimum of 2 years leadership experience
* Extensive Health & Safety systems knowledge
* A recognised qualification in Health and Safety
* Exceptional written and verbal communications
* A great sense of humour
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a role that performs a crucial function in the DHB’s overall occupational health and health and safety programmes.
Please apply on-line at www.wdhbcareers.com
For further information please contact Ben Bradley – Senior Recruitment Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job code: WDHB10302
Closing date: 6th Sep 2020