• Strong Health and Safety administration and engagement skillset required
• New role with a secure future and career growth
• Hazardous Substance/chemical/laboratory OHS experience preferred
Our client is seeking an exceptional Health and Safety Advisor who is ready to step up and move forward in their career
About the role
The focus for this position is to maintain and improve the systems which are used to assist in managing Health and Safety – this includes both electronic and documented systems.
Responsibilities include analysis and administrative support for the Health and Safety team and providing advice in a laboratory environment.
• Maintain and improve the Health and Safety systems, including development of processes
• Assist within the contractor management processes, as well as safety related contracts with training or service providers
• Complete administration for all Health and Safety meetings
• Maintain the OHS intranet, ensuring relevancy of information in a timely manner
• Assist the Head of Health and Safety with documentation review and updating
• Management of the Health and Safety team inbox
• Analysing and Reporting function
• Record and document health monitoring test results
• Provide advisory support – particular in relation to the laboratory department
• Participate and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives
• Actively support and drive initiatives in Health and Safety, as well as waste management
Skills and experience
We are looking for a superstar who has experience with the administration functions of Health and Safety and is ready for their next career step and able to provide relevant advice at site level.
You will enjoy interacting and engaging at all levels with a dynamic and enthusiastic/proactive style of communication.
A resilient nature, the ability to prioritise and work independently as well as in a team is necessary to be successful in this role.
Experience with an electronic Health and Safety systems is essential, as is an Advanced skillset in the MS suite – especially excel.
Your ability to analyse data and then communicate that through excellent verbal and written communication will be welcomed.
About the company
With locations throughout New Zealand and Australia, our client proudly partners with many industries to ensure a higher standard of product is delivered throughout the regions.
Collaborating, sharing knowledge, resources and skills for everyone’s benefit (not just the immediate future, but for generations to come) is something our client feels deeply responsible for.
This is a truly diverse business with NZ Government ownership and employees who are ethnically diverse and highly knowledgeable in their field. All working together with care and a passion that enables a close partnership at every point of their customers supply chains
Seeking to identify further areas for improvement and an environment which enables a proactive culture, our client is proud of the work they do and actively driving change.
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via Seek.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 424 8367 quoting reference #3174.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People