• 125 years of rich history
• Strong te Tiriti o Waitangi values
• Great location in the Capital City
Competitive salary and benefits.
Drive change and safety culture in this unique working environment.
About the company
With over 2000 staff and 9 facilities, this is one of New Zealand’s oldest and most prestigious institutions with a proud tradition of excellence.
About the role
This role is part of a leadership team within property services, focusing on building projects (maintenance, capital projects etc). The main goal of this role is to establish processes and procedures for the team. Identify training needs relating to permit issuing and contractor management. “Someone who can look under the bonnet, see what we have in place and implement improvements”. You will ensure that robust pre-qual systems are established, developing an audit program and ongoing engagement with sub-contracted partners.
• Ensure all contractors comply with Health and Safety requirements
• Training and Development specific to service contractors
• Mentor and coach Facilities, Asset and Building Project Managers
• Identify training needs, provide guidance and uplift capability
• Reporting and Audits
• Relationship Management with the Safety, Risk and Assurance unit and contractors
• Report to the Director of Property Services
Skills and experience
• Formal health and safety qualification preferred
• Experience in working with wider compliance requirements
• Permit Issuer trained
• Delivering continuous improvements of health and safety management systems
• Ability in collaborative consultation and engagement
• Experience in facilities management and construction processes and procedures, and construction and maintenance specific health and safety risks at a detailed level
• Expertise and experience of risk management
• Strong incident reviewing and reporting skills
• Proven ability to work under pressure
• Previous experience in providing training or inductions
• A strong customer centric focus, with excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong administrative and time management skills
List the key benefits in bullet points.
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
• Generous parental leave package
• Discounts at a range of big brand retailers.
• Medical insurance
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Samantha on 027 312 0898 quoting reference #3571.
There are no visa/sponsorship opportunities available with this role. This is a permanent position, therefore only applicants with full, valid, permanent working rights will be considered.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People