• Forestry and Manufacturing Sector
• Superb interpersonal skillset is a must, with systems/process mindset
• Relocation assistance on offer for that perfect candidate
Maintain, review and continuously improve safety management system, plus champion strategic Health and Safety projects.
Our client provides a stable work environment for their experienced and loyal workforce, taking a long term view of their business development and customer relationships, in turn providing a sustainable operation within the forestry and manufacturing sector.
Having achieved success, delivering quality products within the international market place, for over 40 years, our client sets high standards and work hard to utilise advancement in technology to continuously improve their efficiency across the entire supply chain.
Role Purpose: To maintain, review and continuously improve the HS Management System. Achieved through championing strategic health and safety projects and initiatives – while driving excellence in systems across the organisation.
Previous experience within a high-risk environment would be ideal, providing fit for purpose reviews of the safety management system, with continuous improvement in mind at all times.
We are looking for candidates who have the drive and energy, plus methodical mindset to facilitate many initiatives throughout the organisation, including the internal audit program and ensuring occupational health risks are controlled - following regulatory requirements, standards and great practice guidelines.
Skills and experience
• Tertiary qualification in Health and Safety is required
• Thorough knowledge and experience working within safety management systems
• Familiar with gap analysis and making recommendations, along with the communication skillset required to effect change
• Excellent knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
• High interest, dedication and enthusiastic personality
• Great communication skills – written and verbal
• Strong interpersonal, relationship and influential skillset
• Previous success in a similar high-risk environment
• Flexible, adaptable, proactive and resilient approach
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance.
If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 021 10 10 691 quoting reference #3588.
edenfx HSE - New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialists
HSE People recruiting HSE People