• Focussed business wide health and safety improvement project
• Be a part of New Zealand’s future
• 12-14 month FTC
Genuine opportunity to work in a business that makes a difference to New Zealand’s future. This is a truly unique opportunity.
About the role
Reporting directly to the Programme Manager, the key focus of this role will relate to the delivery of a workstream, managing and implementing a project to improve organisational health & safety. Supporting work across multiple business units, you will operate within a small project team, engaging with managers and programme specialists. Lending your Safety expertise to this assignment, you will ensure a consistent application of project management methodologies, achieving a successful outcome for the business.
Seeking an immediate start, this assignment will run through to June 2022. To be successful in this role you must have previous experience managing and delivering complex, multi-layered projects in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Previous experience applying Prince2 and MSP project methodologies would be advantageous.
• Work with stakeholders to define each project, ensuring responsibility and accountability for successful execution
• Help coordinate and manage multi-disciplinary, virtual teams
• Understand key operational risks, identifying areas for focus
• Build and manage effective relationships across the business
• Meet with stakeholders to articulate operational requirements
• Ensure that the key HSE goal is understood and owned by individuals
Skills and experience
A role with a lot of variety, the successful candidate will need to be a diverse, forward thinker with the ability to develop effective relationships. This business demands an environment where no two days are the same, so a commitment to the provision of quality services is a must.
• Relevant HSE (preferably) tertiary qualification
• Public sector experience, with a proven ability to deliver projects in a complex environment
• Comfortable in developing and implementing safety initiatives and projects
• Conversant with project management tools such as Prince 2 or MSP
• Exceptional stakeholder management skills
• Solid organisational abilities, able to multitask and prioritise
About the company
Working with New Zealand businesses, providing expert advice, support and growth, our client operates all over the country with kiwis at the heart of their philosophy.
Employing top engineers and scientists, this company focuses on revolutionising New Zealand with development, invention, and research services.
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place. We are not able to consider applicants from overseas or who do not hold a current work visa.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Duncan on 09 281 2724 quoting reference #3290.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz