Port Taranaki, as the only deep-water harbour on New Zealand’s west coast, is strategically important to the economic development of the Taranaki region. To achieve our vision of being “The Pride of Taranaki”, we have set out a strategic direction that focuses on improvement and excellence. This role will support the achievement of this through the delivery of initiatives focused on our HSEQ objectives. We are proud of our strong safety culture.
We are seeking a H&S Programme Lead, providing a unique opportunity for a skilled professional to join our team. The role will support our teams to ensure everyone is safe at work, a positive safety culture is in place and people hold themselves and others to account for health, safety, wellbeing, environment and quality.
- To provide leadership, coaching and support to our leaders and people to improve health and safety outcomes across the organisation
- To develop and programme manage initiatives that enable the organisation to meet its strategic safety priorities
- Support our teams with the implementation, and continuous improvement of the HSEQ systems, programmes and initiatives
- Assist in ensuring all work carried out meets HSEQ requirements and is in accordance with company policies, objectives and legislation
- Assist in incident investigations and provide advice on the development of improvement opportunities and recommendations
- Support the business in the proactive use of related databases and use company HSE data to identify trends and report on HSE performance
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven experience in providing pragmatic advice and support to continually improve HSEQ performance
- A demonstrated practical understanding and application of Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and related regulations
- Experience in managing quality systems, generating reports, translating data, and trend analysis
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role along with a relevant formal qualification in HSEQ
- Broad and varied industry background would be advantageous
Applications close Thursday 9 June 2022 - however please don’t delay, as we will begin reviewing applications before this date.
To apply directly to the Port Taranaki website click here: https://www.porttaranaki.co.nz/about/working-at-po...
All shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a criminal convictions check (CCH) and must already hold the required residency status to work in New Zealand. Candidates must also be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (1st and 2nd dose) and hold a full NZ driver’s license.