• Develop and implement the health and safety strategic direction
• Family orientated company
• Competitive salary plus vehicle
Lead the Health and Safety journey - strategic influence and continuous improvement, in a high-performing civil construction company
About the role
Working in the practical, civil offices in Silverdale, you will be focussing on strategic development and leadership for the company.
Working towards a zero-harm culture and the prevention of workplace injuries and incidents, you will cultivate and execute strategies. You will also, support, influence and mentor a team of health and safety professionals.
This role demands a strong understanding of the civil construction industry including machinery and site works to be able to drive proactive, behavioural-based safety.
• Ensure robust strategic planning in order to execute in a practical sense
• Develop and implement fit for purpose health and safety policies and procedures
• Mentor and develop direct reports
• Ensure the Health and Safety System (Vault), is utilised efficiently and accurately
Skills and experience
• Relevant tertiary level qualifications
• HSE experience in a civil construction background or similar
• Experience managing and coaching a team and working at senior leadership level
• Strong people and leadership skills
• Influencing, motivating and engaging personality
About the company
An industry leader in civil construction, our client is a successful contractor specialising in development, earthwork and infrastructure projects.
Actively working on builds all over the country, they offer a 300-strong, hands-on but experienced team supported by cutting edge technology and machinery – no job is too big.
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 320 4431 quoting reference #3070.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz