• Opportunity to really make your mark – strategy through to implementation
• Role can be based in Auckland, Gisborne, Masterton or Kaitaia
• Excellent career opportunity
Great opportunity in high-risk business to create the strategy, implement and drive culture change
Reporting to the Executive GM – Corporate Services, we are seeking an experienced and dynamic Safety Manager to support this Japanese owned business. Auckland, Gisborne, Masterton or Kaitaia based, you will lead the development and implementation of the Health and Safety strategy, policies and procedures to achieve the company objectives and be the point of expertise and provider of advice at Board, Executive and Business Unit level.
This position will ensure consistency of application and be primed to develop a proactive and positive culture that aspires to protect all people from harm.
• Deliver the strategic direction in consultation with the executive team
• Manage direct reports and all aspects of health and safety
• Provide expert advice on legislative changes and industry trends
• Build robust relationships, both internal and external
• Identify critical risks and proactively prioritise to ensure controls are suitable
• Collaborate with all key stakeholders, influence and mentor to ensure a great level of understanding
• Negotiate, influence, analyse, problem solve – this position has it all
• Be the driver of change - utilise great engagement and communication skillset
Skills and Experience
• Tertiary qualification in a safety related discipline
• Demonstrated experience and proven success in a high-risk environment
• Strong engagement and communication skills
• Commercially aware with an ability to develop sustainable relationships
• Excellent written and verbal reasoning skills
• Strong strategic skillset with the ability to prioritise and provide the road map to success
• Natural leadership style and a driver of culture change
• Consultative, collaborative with the ability to take decisive action
• Outcome focussed with a highly proactive and positive approach
• Experienced mentor to direct reports
Our client is a well-established NZ based company with Japanese ownership. Heavily involved within the NZ forestry and wood-processing industries for the past 20 years, they have also become important economic and cultural contributors to the local communities in which they operate.
With a real desire to lift their game, they need you to assist in providing the strategic direction, risk profiling and driving change throughout their organisation.
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via the edenfx website:
All candidates must be NZ based with the relevant work visa in place.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 424 8367 quoting reference #3218.
edenfx HSE - New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialists
HSE People recruiting HSE People