• Join this iconic export food industry leader
• Visibly lead and manage health, safety and wellbeing
• Picturesque coastal location
Provide visible leadership in health, safety and wellbeing through communication, implementation and engagement.
Proudly partnered with Silver Fern Farms, edenfx HSE Recruitment is seeking a Health and Safety Manager for the Pareora plant, located on the East Coast of the South Island – gateway to the mountains, lakes and rivers of the Central South Island.
About the role
A key member of the senior leadership, the Health and Safety Manager will lead and guide a team to ensure the development and implementation of health, safety and wellbeing initiatives across the site. Lead by example and take a proactive approach to compliance with all policies, standards and legislation. Ensure accountability and recognise positive Health and Safety behaviour.
• Establish effective health and safety processes
• Communication of company policy and strategy
• Lead investigations and oversee corrective actions
• Ensure appropriate training standards are in place
• Oversight of data management and reporting
Skills and experience
Confident communication and the ability to influence through negotiation are key requirements for this role, to gain buy in and engagement with both workforce and site leaders. Experience in manufacturing would be ideal and relevant qualification and training are expected.
• Tertiary qualification in occupational health and safety
• ICAM or similar
• Knowledge of ACC Partnership Programme
• Proven people management expertise
• Attention to detail, excellent written communication
Silver Fern Farms are all about Creating Goodness from the Farms the World Needs. Creating goodness is about taking a broader view of what goodness means, how we can create it, and the impact it can have. That Goodness is created through the work of our People, the skill and expertise of our Farmers, and our customers around the globe. ‘Goodness’ is also about being good to people, our communities, the highest quality animal welfare, and showing care and respect for the environment.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Amanda on 021 0818 7342 quoting reference #3826.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens, Residents and those with the right to work in place. Consideration may be given to overseas applicants who are already in NZ and meet required criteria.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People