• Highly effective and motivated Health and Safety Manager
• Excellent communication and influencing skills needed
• Great career opportunity – base can be North Shore or Whangarei
Excellent salary plus vehicle.
Seeking a truly effective leader to manage our clients Safety Programs - advise, influence and engage throughout the organisation.
About the company
Proudly 100% Kiwi owned and with sustainability being at the heart of every decision made, our client firmly believes that without supporting their communities to thrive and building long term investments in partnership with these communities, they simply would not last the long term.
Focussing on long term sustainable outcomes which underpin ethical choices and doing the right thing always, aiming always to provide excellence, our client offers a broad range of services in waste management throughout Auckland and Northland.
About the role
You will report to the COO with direct access also to the CEO and be part of the Senior Leadership team, providing robust advice from a risk perspective, along with strategic, technical, operational and functional support to the various branches, in a practical manner.
Ensure through proactive initiatives that health and safety ownership and accountability is thoroughly understood, taking an integrated and business as usual approach.
• Provide Health and Safety/Risk Management support; assist, educate and advise at all levels
• Conduct incident/accident investigations, determining root cause/s
• Provide direction and visibility, considering continuous improvement and solutions for corrective actions – ensuring actions are implemented in a timely manner
• Undertake audits in a proactive manner, completing relevant reports
• Schedule and deliver relevant training throughout the region
• Provide innovative incident prevention strategies
• Maintain the positive safety behavioural culture, working towards best practice
• Ensure compliance to relevant legislation
• Report and monitor HSE performance indicators, both lead and lag
• Contribute to the development and review of the strategic direction from an HS perspective
Skills and experience required:
• Sound understanding of waste management, waste treatment and recycling practices preferred
• Experience relating to civils and landfill
• ISO experience preferred
• Relevant tertiary qualification in OSH (minimum Diploma level)
• Cert IV in Training and Assessment is also desirable
• Internal Auditor qualification and proven strength in auditing and reporting
• Significant experience in a pure safety role within an industrial environment
• Excellent knowledge of current legislation
• Inspirational, innovative and engaging leadership style
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong conceptual, analytical and research skills to provide best practice initiatives
• Effective procedural development and implementation skills
• Detailed experience in the preparation of Risk Assessments
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne on 021 10 10 691 quoting reference #3416.
There are no visa/sponsorship opportunities available with this role. This is a permanent position, therefore only applicants with full, valid, permanent working rights will be considered.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People