• Civils based opportunity
• Waikato based national role
• Autonomous opportunity requiring strong ownership
Package includes vehicle
Positive go-getter required to support this fast-paced civils company in Auckland, Waikato and Wellington based projects
The company and role
Our client is a multi-disciplinary civil construction company who has won prestigious awards in the past and strive to deliver projects to their clients through their exceptionally well trained and experienced teams.
With contracts being managed throughout Auckland, Waikato and Wellington they operate based on honesty, integrity, and commitment. You must be able to travel nationally to visit sites.
They require an experienced and capable Health and Safety Manager to join the team and provide dedicated support and guidance to the construction teams, including contractor, sub-contractor, and supplier management. Certified to ISO9001 and 14001, experience in ISO45001 would be beneficial.
The successful individual will have a positive outlook; be flexible; willing to learn and always act with integrity. This position will see you mentoring, influencing, advising, and ensuring continuity through best practice and compliance.
You will have Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental responsibilities in this role which include but are not limited to:
• Champion compliance to HSE policy, procedures, and legislation
• Maintain ISO9001 and ISO14001certification level and all functions around these
• Undertake the updates and annual review of systems
• Ensure all internal reviews have been met (accurate and complete JSEA and daily pre-start compliance)
• Regularly audit workplace compliance
• Ensure inductions take place and are documented
• Collate and generate monthly reports
• Mentor, coach and support all stakeholders to ensure ownership and accountability of health and safety on a day to day basis
• Input into the continual improvement of company practices and systems
Skills and experience
• Relevant health and safety qualification
• Proven ability and hands on experience ensuring successful health and safety management in construction/civil environments
• HSE audit experience
• Experience with ISO certifications
• Contractor management experience
• Analysis and report writing skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to build strong working relationships
• Methodical and systematic approach to achieve deadlines
• Results driven and able to deliver high performance and output
• Able to travel to attend sites as required
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via the edenfx website:
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with Residency or current Work Visa in place. Unfortunately, we are unable to consider overseas applicants for this role.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Amanda on 021 0818 7342 quoting reference #3190.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE - New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialists
HSE People recruiting HSE People