• Significant experience as an influencer and relationship builder
• OHS experience in vertical construction is essential
• Excellent company – offering stability of employment and development
Salary plus full use vehicle plus opportunity for career growth.
Are you motivated to succeed? Have a truly engaging and influential manner? Experienced in Health and Safety as well as vertical construction?
About the company
Our client has a commitment to their people and provides a vibrant and supportive place of work, with strong values around their Culture of Care.
As part of their over-arching business they design, build and operate villages for aged care and have moved into their biggest build program yet.
In growth mode, their focus remains on ensuring international best standards are maintained, with a continuous improvement mindset with regards to Health, Safety and Wellbeing.
About the role
Reporting into the Health and Safety Construction Manager and working with other site leaders you will set the tone for safety and ensure delivery on commitment to doing it safely or not at all.
You will be required to engage with multiple sites in the Auckland Region and further south and key to this role is the ability to drive a positive safety culture - one that actively promotes a safe environment for all workers, sub-contractors and other personnel, through monitoring, supporting and providing advice, as well as assisting with risk mitigation in line with best practice initiatives.
We anticipate applicants will have an energetic, can-do attitude, with a strong ability to influence and have the required credibility on site.
• Proactive monitoring of multiple construction sites
• Positively engage, mentor and support the on-site Health and Safety teams
• Foster a genuine health and safety environment encouraging the process of reporting and resolving issues
• Promote a work environment where risks are both identified and controlled
• Review and update policies and procedures
• Conduct site walks that identify risks and implement controls
• Coordinate the rehabilitation of injured workers
• Assist with the development and implementation of Health and Safety processes
• Provide training to site management of the SMS
Skills and experience include:
• Relevant Tertiary level qualification (NEBOSH IGC minimum)
• Practical working knowledge in a vertical construction environment
• Effective communicator and influencer who can persuade and guide others
• Strong ability in building robust relationships
• Investigation and audit qualifications are an advantage
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong attention to detail and highly outcome focused
• Ability to understand technical processes and analyse data
• Self-managing and self-motivated
• Positive, energetic and outgoing/friendly personality
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne on 021 10 10 691 quoting reference #3792.
Essential: You must have the right to work in New Zealand, we are keen to receive applications from returning Kiwis. Overseas candidates will not be considered unless they have experience working within the NZ construction environment and have a Work Visa already in place.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People