• 12-month fixed term assignment
• Sustainable and successful export industry
• Bay of Plenty location
Lead health, safety and HR at a high-risk site. Build effective and creative practises. Provide coaching, training and engagement.
About the role
The role of the Health and Safety/HR Advisor is to support, inform, engage and coach site leaders and managers, ensuring their teams are safe and healthy. You will take ownership of site safety in this autonomous role, supported by and actively participating in the wider group safety team.
This role is all about leading safety and providing technical expertise. You will also maintain the documentation and bespoke online safety management system which includes injury management and training.
• Ensure site compliance with standards and procedures
• Provide guidance on all safety and wellbeing matters
• Analyse and report on safety trends
• Develop and execute recruitment and staff retention plans
• Coordinate and facilitate monthly site committee meetings
• Manage reporting and training systems
• Lead the effective control of risks
• Drive employee engagement, creating a safety culture that is owned by all
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will have solid experience, preferably in a high-risk manufacturing environment. Excellent communication and mentoring skills are a must as you work across all levels of the site.
The technical expert on site, you will be able to manage your time, prioritising tasks as necessary and enjoy a varied day. Most of all you will be passionate about making a difference.
• Minimum Level 4 Certificate in OHS
• Solid experience in a high-risk manufacturing environment
• Experience with hazardous substances is an advantage
• Strong communication and relationship building skills
• Excellent analysis and reporting ability
About the company
Operating at a successful global level, our client processes and exports New Zealand’s highest quality meats products across the country and around the world.
They are invested in sourcing from the best local farms; heavily practise sustainability management; and are motivated to preserve New Zealand’s natural beauty for the future.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via the edenfx website:
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place. We are not able to consider applicants from overseas or who do not hold a current work visa.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Duncan on 09 281 2724 quoting reference #3267.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz