• 8-12 week contract role in Hawkes Bay
• Iconic NZ company – family values
• Manufacturing environment
We seek an experienced Health and Safety contractor to support our client in Hawkes Bay. Manufacturing and machine guarding experience is essential
This is a role for a dynamic safety contractor who has experience and knowledge of risks associated with a large manufacturing environment. Familiarity with machine guarding, manual handling, contractor and traffic management are essential.
Working alongside operational staff, you will facilitate and support investigations, injury management and the maintenance of both online and paper-based safety systems (Eco Portal) and processes. Reporting to the site manager, you will lead site safety by example, following national safety initiatives, supported by the GM- Health and Safety, based in Auckland.
• Chair health and safety committee
• Support and implement company safety initiatives
• Contractor management
• Chemical management
• Maintain safety management system and processes
To be successful in this role you’ll be a highly competent and experienced safety practitioner, able to hit the ground running. Strong communication and engagement skills are essential.
• Minimum Level IV Certificate in OSH
• Knowledge of machine guarding regulations
• Experience of managing safety in a manufacturing/FMCG environment
• Experience with Eco Portal would be an advantage
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Knowledge and experience in Contractor Management
About the company
Well established and NZ owned, our client has 3 manufacturing sites in the North Island. With a low turnover in staff, people like to work here. Innovative in their thinking, they invest in both their equipment and their people.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via the website: https://edenfx.co.nz/health-and-safety-jobs-nz/ .
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place. We are unable to consider application for this role from overseas.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Duncan on 09 281 2724 or 027 584 0066 quoting reference #3183.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz