• 2 - 3 month contract assignment, full or part time hours
• Government Agency client
• Central Wellington location
Our client is seeking an experienced Health and Safety contractor to provide project support. Prior Government sector experience would be an advantage.
About the role
We require an experienced safety contractor to provide immediate support for our client. Operating across a range of departments, you will develop controls for critical risks. The successful candidate will also be responsible for raising safety awareness and responsiveness in the business, delivering bespoke training and communications. Reporting to the Senior Safety Project Manager, this an autonomous role and you’ll be expected to hit the ground running.
• Develop critical risk controls, creating relevant documentation and training
• Ensure compliance with legislative standards and procedures
• Provide tailored advice and HSE support for specific branch needs
• Increase staff HSE awareness, developing communications, delivering group sessions and workshops
• Ensure effective control of risks
• Drive employee engagement
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will have solid contracting experience, preferably within a government setting. Excellent communication and engagement skills are essential. You will work across a variety of departments, developing safety awareness and managing critical risks.
Reporting to the Senior Safety Project Manager, you will be able to manage your time, prioritising tasks as necessary and enjoy a varied day.
• Minimum Level 4 Certificate in OHS.
• Proven experience within a Government department is an advantage.
• Strong engagement skills, able to develop relationships across multiple departments.
• Excellent analysis and reporting ability.
• Able to prioritise and work in an autonomous fashion.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via the edenfx website https://edenfx.co.nz/job/health-and-safety-contrac...
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place. We are not able to consider applicants from overseas or who do not hold a current work visa.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Duncan on 09 281 2724 quoting reference #3171.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz