UNIVERSITY of OTAGO, CHRISTCHURCH
About the department
This position sits within the University of Otago's Health and Safety team. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy place of work for staff, students and visitors. Whether it be a lecture theatre, a cafe on campus or a research vessel, our office works hard to ensure everybody gets back home safely.
About the role
As a skilled Health and Safety (H&S) Advisor, you will provide support, advice and assistance in the delivery and implementation of high quality H&S Management systems on our Christchurch Campus.
In this role, you will be the go-to-person for all H&S information, support and training for managers, students and staff.
Key tasks include:
· Preparing and assisting with the implementation of H&S systems and procedures.
· Managing the preparation and delivery of H&S related training material for the Christchurch Campus, including all University inductions.
· Prepare a site specific H&S Training plan for the Christchurch school in conjunction with key stakeholders.
· Manage the H&S Approved Contractor procedure for the Christchurch campus in conjunction with the Property Services Facility Manager and the Central H&S team.
You will also play a key part in coordinating H&S aspects (site visits, audits etc.) of the construction of a new state-of-the-art building to expand our Christchurch campus, which the University has recently announced plans for. This project will be the biggest ever construction project the University has undertaken and is estimated it will be completed in 2022.
Your skills and experience:
· Previous H&S experience.
· Knowledge of the H&S at Work Act 2015 and regulations.
· Experience using Microsoft office, Excel, outlook and Vault or similar H&S management systems.
· Experience with development and implementation of relevant systems, frameworks and associated policies and procedures.
· Proven ability to work with a wide variety of trades and contractors within the Construction Sector.
This is a full-time, permanent position.
This is a great opportunity for you to leverage your previous industry experience while making a very real impact to the on-going health and safety of the University community.
Applications quoting reference number 1901078 will close on Sunday, 16 June 2019.
To view all current vacancies and to apply online go to: https://otago.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail....
Equal opportunity in employment is University policy.
E tautoko ana Te Whare Wananga o Otago i te kaupapa whakaorite whiwhinga mahi