* Excellent career opportunity within the electricity sector
* Change management, embed risk management practices
* Exceptional relationship management and communication skillset required
Health and Safety Advisor required – experience within electrical distribution, transmission environment is a key requirement
The company and role
Our client is one of the largest multi-utility contractors in New Zealand, servicing the needs of clients in transmission, distribution, generation and commercial sectors.
Reporting to the Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental Manager – Auckland and working within a dedicated team, the Health and Safety Advisor will require excellent communication and change management skills.
A key part of this role is building and maintaining key relationships with the customer base, managing the updating of safety systems, risk analysis, auditing, educating and engaging. With 70% of this position being field based, you will also enjoy proactive auditing, training and leading incident/accident investigations.
There are numerous internal customers and external stakeholders and you will be able to demonstrate your excellent interpersonal and influential communication skillset and foster an environment of continuous improvement, where improvements are proactively identified, developed and realised.
* Ensure full compliance through proactive management of all policies and procedures, as well as relevant legislation
* Foster a culture where employees are engaged and feel empowered
* Risk analysis and proactively working to ensure all risks, hazards, near misses and incidents are reported in a timely and effective manner
* Proactive auditing in an educational manner
* Carry out incident investigations, reporting to agreed quality and timeframes, including providing a support function for ICAM investigations
* Implement and embed corrective actions that result from both improvement opportunities and investigations
* Ensure competency assessments and audits are carried out in accordance with the business requirements
* Assist with managing of subcontractors to ensure full compliance
* Support all HSQE and Wellbeing matters for the region
* Foster a culture of engagement and empowerment for all employees
* Work promptly to resolve queries and any health and safety reports or concerns
Skills and experience include
* Previous industry experience is required
* Tertiary qualification preferred – Level 4 as a minimum and dependent on experience
* Qualified in investigation methodologies (ICAM and Bowtie)
* Proven experience and an enthusiasm for providing motivational leadership, coaching, mentoring and support at all levels
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Proven ability to build and maintain strong collaborative working relationships
* Strong ability to foresee challenges, read situations and respond efficiently and effectively
* Tenacity in taking problems through to successful outcomes despite potential barriers
* Able to show initiative and demonstrate a level of senior professionalism
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via the edenfx website.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place.
Not quite what you are looking for? Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 424 8367 quoting reference #2916.
edenfx HSE - New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialists
HSE People recruiting HSE People www.edenfx.co.nz