• Foster an environment to create positive and proactive safety on site
• Experience within the construction industry is essential
• Come and be part of a company who considers – do it safely or not at all
• Competitive Hourly Rate
Lead Health and Safety in this high-risk environment, while providing proactive and positive initiatives
About the company
Our client has a commitment to their people and provide for a vibrant and supportive place of work, with strong values around their Culture of Care and ensuring everything they do is ‘good enough for Mum/Dad’.
As part of their over-arching business, they design, build and operate villages for aged care and have moved into their biggest build program to date.
Even in huge growth mode, their focus remains on ensuring international best practice standards are maintained, with a continuous improvement mindset with regards to Health, Safety and Wellbeing.
About the role
You will lead the way, reporting to the Project Manager (who really knows his stuff) and working with the other site leadership team – you will set the tone in a positive, proactive manner - with a spring in your step and ensure delivery on commitment to doing it safety or not at all.
Key to this role is the ability to drive a truly positive safety culture – one that actively promotes a safe and healthy environment for all workers, sub-contractors and other personnel.
• Foster positive health and safety environment – encourage reporting and resolutions
• Promote an environment where risks are both identified and controlled
• Be collaborative and engage with all workers on site
• Review task analysis and SSSP’s providing education to improve during the process
• Conduct site safety walks/behavioural conversations
• Coordinate the rehab of injured workers
• Further develop and implement processes
• Provide for inductions and training as required
Skills and experience
You will be a truly effective communicator – someone who other people like to listen to and be able to set the tone to ensure successful project outcomes.
• Construction experience – practical working knowledge of legislation
• Highly effective communicator and influencer
• Relevant Qualifications - Diploma level is preferred
• Investigation/Audit experience and quals
• High attention to detail and accuracy in reporting
• Computer literate with an ability to analyse data and report on trends
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne on 09 2181 4702 quoting reference #3328
Candidates without the relevant work visa already in place, will not be considered.
Applications are welcomed from NZ Citizens or those with a Residency or current Work Visa in place AND the relevant experience.
To apply directly to the edenfx website click here: https://edenfx.co.nz/job/health-and-safety-advisor...
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People