• Foster an environment to create a positive and proactive safety culture
• Experience in construction/civil industry is essential
• Excellent company wishing to be the best – do it safely or not at all
Are you motivated to succeed? Have a truly engaging and influential manner? Experience in Health and Safety as well as construction?
About the role
Reporting into the Health and Safety Construction Manager and working with other site leaders you will set the tone for safety and ensure delivery on commitment to doing it safely or not at all.
The ability to travel is essential as you will be required to engage with all sites in the North Island but mainly the Auckland Region.
Key to this role is to drive a positive safety culture - one that actively promotes a safe environment for all workers, sub-contractors and other personnel, through monitoring, supporting and providing advice, as well as assisting with risk mitigation in line with best practice initiatives.
We anticipate applicants will have an energetic, can-do attitude, with a strong ability to influence and ensure credibility.
• Proactively monitor construction sites throughout New Zealand
• Positively engage, mentor and support the on-site Health and Safety teams
• Foster a genuine health and safety environment encouraging the process of reporting and resolving issues
• Promote a work environment where risks are both identified and controlled
• Review and update policies and procedures
• Conduct site walks that identify risks and implement controls
• Coordinate the rehabilitation of injured workers
• Assist with the development and implementation of Health and Safety processes
• Provide training to site management of the SMS
Skills and experience
• Practical working knowledge of legislation in a construction/civil environment
• Effective communicator and influencer who can persuade and guide others
• Must have a strong ability in building robust relationships
• Experience essential in a high-risk environment
• Proven experience in a construction-based role
• Investigation and audit qualifications are an advantage
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong attention to detail and highly outcome focussed
• Ability to understand technical processes and analyse data
• Self-managing and self-motivated
• Positive, energetic and outgoing/friendly personality
About the company
Our client has a commitment to their people and provides a vibrant and supportive place of work, with strong values around their Culture of Care.
As part of their over-arching business they design, build and operate villages for aged care and are now moving into their biggest build program.
In growth mode, their focus remains on ensuring international best standards are maintained, with a continuous improvement mindset with regards to Health, Safety and Wellbeing.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via the eden website https://edenfx.co.nz/job/health-and-safety-advisor...
Applicant for this role must be NZ based and have the appropriate visa in place.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 424 8367 quoting reference #3170.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz