• Foster an environment to create a positive and proactive safety culture
• Experience within the construction industry is essential
• Excellent company wishing to be the best – do it safely or not at all
Manage Health and Safety in a high-risk environment while implementing systems that will assist in developing a proactive safety culture
About the role
Reporting into the Project Manager and working with other site leaders you will set the tone for safety and ensure delivery on commitment to doing it safely or not at all.
Key to this role is to drive a positive safety culture - one that actively promotes a safe environment for all workers, sub-contractors and other personnel.
• Foster a positive health and safety environment encouraging the process of reporting and resolving issues
• Promote a work environment where risks are both identified and controlled
• Collaborative engagement with all workers on site
• Review sub-contractors Task Analysis and Site Specific Safety Plans
• Conduct site walks that identify risks and implement controls
• Positively engage with people right from site induction
• Coordinate the rehabilitation of injured workers
• Assist with the development and implementation of Health and Safety processes
• Provide training to site management of the SMS
• Coordinate weekly HS meetings
Skills and experience
• Effective communicator and influencer who can persuade and guide others
• Experience essential in a high-risk environment
• Proven experience in a construction-based role
• Investigation and audit qualifications are an advantage
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to understand technical processes and analyse data
About the company
Our client has a commitment to their people and provides a vibrant and supportive place of work, with strong values around their Culture of Care and ensuring everything they do is ‘good enough for Mum/Dad’.
As part of their over-arching business they design, build and operate villages for aged care and are now moving into their biggest build program.
In growth mode, their focus remains on ensuring international best standards are maintained, with a continuous improvement mindset with regards to Health, Safety and Wellbeing.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants for this role must be NZ based and have the appropriate visa in place.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Peden on 09 281 4702 quoting reference #3065.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz