• Fantastic safety advisor opportunity
• Large scale, dynamic dairy manufacturing sites
• Iconic NZ company with a well-established safety culture
• Competitive salary and bonus potential
Fabulous salary, Iconic Brand, Operational Safety excellence is the norm
A leading food manufacturing organisation requires a forward thinking, action orientated Advisor to support safety performance across operations. A key component of a 3-man safety team, the successful candidate will combine technical expertise with an ability to guide and influence operational staff. Previous experience within a food manufacturing, industrial or FMCG environment would be highly desirable.
Reporting to the Health and Safety Manager, the role forms part of an established NZ wide team. Our client provides broad development opportunities, and the chance to collaborate with national operations.
To be successful in this environment you will need the ability to form effective relationships with operations. Candidates must be able to coach and educate staff at all levels of the business.
You will also be able to prioritise and comfortably operate in a large scale FMCG environment.
• Provide technical health and safety support across site
• Deliver specialist HSE support and guidance for key stakeholders
• Support, coach and collaborate with both leadership and operational teams
• In collaboration with the HS Manager, support the implementation of health and safety strategies and systems
• Ensure SOPs are consistently used and reviewed on an ongoing basis
• Proactively identify potential hazards and improvement areas
• Ensure that incident reporting procedures are correctly adopted and close off corrective actions
• Aid the HS Manager to ensure fit for purpose solutions are identified to control risks
• Hazard management and exposure reduction
Skills and experience required
• Candidates require a recognised OHS qualification (NEBOSH IGC, OHS Diploma etc)
• 2-3 years’ experience
• Practical working knowledge of NZ legislation
• Able to influence and have a can-do attitude
• Great energy and engagement skillset, able to coach
• Knowledge of MHF requirements or Process Safety would be advantageous
• Safety analysis/reporting skills
• Experience within a production orientated environment
• Understanding in Process Safety/Major Hazard Facilities
Our client is an iconic NZ company with sites throughout the country. They are the recognised market leaders in the field with a strong international presence.
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Samantha Kirby on 027 312 0898 quoting reference #3593.
There are no visa/sponsorship opportunities available with this role. This is a permanent position, therefore only applicants with full, valid, permanent working rights will be considered.
To apply directly to the edenfx website click here: https://edenfx.co.nz/job/health-and-safety-advisor...
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People