• East Tamaki or Rotorua location
• Competitive salary and vehicle package
• Career development
A great role for career development working with a company that truly invests in it’s people
About the company
Our client is a privately owned, New Zealand heavy engineering company with over 20 years’ experience in their sector. They specialise in delivering high quality maintenance, manufacturing and project services to a wide variety of clients throughout the North Island.
About the role
This position is responsible for assisting with the development of quality H&S plans for a wide variety of work, on both company and customer sites throughout New Zealand. You will be required to manage the delivery of these plans and take responsibility for managing the customer relationship with regards to health and safety. A key part of this role will be to support the Head of HSEQ to champion behaviour change initiatives and continuous improvement with a specific focus on individuals taking responsibility for the safety of themselves and their team.
• Develop & Manage H&S Plans
• Provide Quality Advice & Support
• Risk, Incident and Compliance Management & Reporting
• Relationship Management, Coaching, Engagement and Communication
• Champion ecoPortal H&S Management System
• Manage occupational health services in support of injury & illness prevention.
• Manage rehabilitation programmes.
• Shutdown & Project Work Responsibility
Skills and experience
• Relevant tertiary qualification
• Background in the engineering sector is preferred
• Proven ability to understand complex environments and produce high quality health & safety plans
• Excellent customer relationship management skills
• Demonstratable understanding of H&S reporting requirements and methods, i.e. risk analysis, incident reporting, lag and lead indicators, trend analysis
• Experience and solid understanding of the specific requirements of legislation, regulations and standards, and associated obligations, including ACC, Work Safe and
Quality Management Systems
• Experience with HS&E electronic Management systems
• Experience in a contracting environment and /or Heavy Industry
• Experience in working with team members on multiple sites
• ICAM Investigation skills
• Rehabilitation management experience
• Company car, cell phone and laptop
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Samantha on 027 312 0898 quoting reference #3585.
There are no visa/sponsorship opportunities available with this role. This is a permanent position, therefore only applicants with full, valid, permanent working rights will be considered.
To apply directly to the edenfx website click here: https://edenfx.co.nz/job/health-and-safety-advisor...
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People