• Autonomous role with room for growth
• West Auckland location
• Strong FMCG brand
A hands-on, autonomous Health and Safety advisor role in FMCG with a clear career progression
About the company
With Sanitarium as their sister company, Life Health Foods passionately create innovative plant-based food for the world. Their passion is weaved into everything they do, from their commitment to great taste, to using non-GM ingredients, to sourcing locally wherever possible. This allows them to produce products that are both better for you and are a more sustainable choice.
About the role
The primary purpose of this hands-on, autonomous role is to develop, implement and advise on best practice Health and Safety at the LHF site. This role takes a lead on the health and safety function and provides hands on operational support on a broad range of safety and compliance matters, projects and initiatives. The Health and Safety Advisor is a key contributor to process improvement in Health and Safety, working collaboratively with all departments and service providers to achieve this and ensures that the business is educated and empowered to cultivate a safe and healthy workplace. This is a great opportunity if you are an experienced and passionate H&S advisor who is looking to step into a more autonomous role and grow your career.
• Ensure site compliance with all prescribed health and safety processes
• Work with key stakeholders to implement and execute staff wellbeing initiatives and programmes
• Health and Safety Compliance Calendar Management
• Employee & Contractor Induction
• Oversee and co-ordinate the return-to-work program
• Health and Safety Compliance and Site Audits
• Health and Safety Committee & reporting of Hazards, Incidents and Accidents
• Ensure new staff complete their health and safety induction and onboarding
• Process Improvement
Skills and experience
• Tertiary qualification in Occupational Health and Safety
• Certification in workplace training and assessment desirable
• Conversant with the Health and Safety at Work Act (2015), Hazardous Substances and New Organisms Act (1996) and associated Regulations, Codes of Practices and Guidelines
• Minimum 5 years work experience in Health and Safety
• Experience in food manufacturing would be advantageous
• Flexible work times
• Life insurance
• Discounted food products and weekly product allowance
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Samantha on 027 312 0898 quoting reference #3583.
There are no visa/sponsorship opportunities available with this role. This is a permanent position, therefore only applicants with full, valid, permanent working rights will be considered.
To apply directly to the edenfx website click here: https://edenfx.co.nz/job/health-and-safety-advisor...
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People