• Christchurch advisor role with NZ owned construction company
• Great culture and family-owned business
• Competitive package and career development opportunities
Support and promote safe work as part of a national team – fresh ideas and approach welcomed;
About the company
Established over 25 years ago, this Kiwi owned and managed organisation prides itself on its people focused and collaborative work culture. Largely operating in the community project space, the business develops schools, hospitals, universities and social housing. As a result of ongoing growth and success they are looking to expand their safety team.
Reporting to the Project Manager and with a dotted line to the National Health and Safety Manager, you’ll require excellent relationship building skills. Equally comfortable on site or in the office, you will become a key component of the delivery team. A personal approach is essential to engaging with customers and contractors, providing support, technical knowledge and guidance on all health and safety related matters. There will be a focus on systems compliance, the development of culture and training/coaching.
While you may have worked in the construction environment previously, it’s not essential as there’s support for developing your industry knowledge. You’ll have a genuine passion for safety, supporting the business to achieve project outcomes.
Duties will include
• Build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Monitor and review safety performance of sites
• Assistance in the maintenance of ACC WSMP status
• Ensure compliance against NZS4801
• Identify and deliver training
• Analyse and report incident data
• Investigate incidents, identifying root causes and closing off remedial actions
• Contractor management – prequal and ongoing reporting
Dependent on your situation this opportunity can be available as a contract or on a permanent basis. This is value led business, priding itself on its staff and their ongoing development. This is an excellent opportunity for an upcoming advisor, looking to make their mark in the construction industry.
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Duncan on 027 584 0066 quoting reference #3480.
Candidates must be fully vaccinated to be considered for this role and have the full right to work in NZ, we are unable to consider offshore applicants unless you are a returning NZ Citizen.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People