• Are you looking for the feel-good factor?
• Global organisation committed to support and transformation
• Flexible workplace
Well rounded, experienced health and safety generalist required for an organisation that assists and supports families nationwide
About the company and role
Working where the need is, this organisation is committed to the health, safety and wellbeing of their clients, their employees and their volunteers. With 2000 employees across New Zealand, they also have 1500 volunteers working in a variety of community-based initiatives, including childcare, accommodation and welfare support.
Supporting and reporting to the Senior Health and Safety Advisor, this role will provide the business with the tools and resources needed to provide a safe working environment. To achieve this, you’ll be able to:
• Participate in the planning of the 3-year H&S Plan
• Analyse, collate and report on safety data
• Assist in the research, development and delivery of safety initiatives
• Conduct site inspections and lead investigations as required
• Create, implement and maintain audit schedules
• Provide guidance to leaders and managers
Skills and experience
Working in a varied environment, you must have experience in applying health and safety legislation in a practical and pragmatic way. Confidence in your subject matter and the ability to mentor is key. You’ll also require excellent time management skills and will be required to travel nationally when needed.
• Minimum Level IV National Certificate in OHS
• Familiarity with ACC and return to work programs
• Exceptional verbal and written skills
• Collaborative but able to work autonomously
• Membership of an industry related organisation is an advantage
• Proven experience in a similar role
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format. If you have any questions, please call Amanda on 09 972 0731 quoting reference #3285
to apply directly to the edenfx website click here:
Registration with a relevant professional body and/or undergoing CPD is expected.
We are unable to consider offshore applicants for this role unless you are a returning Kiwi or have a visa in place.
Not quite what you are looking for?
Please register for ongoing opportunities at www.edenfx.co.nz
edenfx HSE – New Zealand’s Leading Health and Safety Recruitment Specialist
HSE People recruiting HSE People